Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

You're welcome.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2012 2:09:11 PM PDT
Splinker says:
As many of you know, I've been on the forums only a short time. But I've managed to liven up the place with light hearted entertainment. I made friends with the Twines, the Nemotosis', and the Outcasts. I founded a thriving community with low property taxes, a place that holds family values dear, even if it's going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment.

B. and I experimented with crazy glue and now we can't get enough of each other. Peace and prosperity are now the norm where once they were little more than a lofty goal, and while my posts may be targeted with DV's by a few closet snarks, I am as close to being universally loved as and sock puppet since Lamb Chop.

So, you're welcome.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 8:47:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 12:29:43 PM PDT
Splinker says, and I agree that money can not buy you friends, but it does get one a better class of enemies. I love Splinker's little truisms. In fact I love any thing that is a ism.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 12:14:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 23, 2012 12:29:16 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 12:31:22 PM PDT
Ah, I loved both Sherri Lewis and all of her sock puppets. I especially liked Ms. Sherri's sock puppies.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 1:50:10 AM PDT
Tom Tiding says:
I'm with you on Sherri Lewis, but The Song That Never Ends is contemptible, dangerous tripe, which fuels teenage promiscuity, risk-taking and nihilism. If, indeed, the song never ends, then why does anything matter? Young people aren't stupid, you know.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 4:25:31 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2012 4:26:21 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 5:37:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 6:21:11 AM PDT
Are you referring to my post, I agree it was an irritating song, but I fail to connect it to young people's promiscuity. Back in the fifties, comic books were blamed, books burned, movies censored, speech regulated, unisex college dorms, marijuana, prescription drug abuse, high school cheerleaders, Harlequin novels, Hugh Hefner, one parent households, alcoholic mothers, and so much more. Mankind is the sole cause of his own failings. Not a song sung by Lambchop. My God bless you, and yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:53:07 AM PDT
Tom Tiding says:
>Mankind is the sole cause of his own failings. Not a song sung by Lambchop.

Yes, but who created Lambchop?

It's the message of the song that is really dangerous. And, yes, it was created by mankind.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:02:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 10:39:35 AM PDT
What is it about the lyrics that you find so threatening? I find Froggy Went a Courtin, is really more of a song that should be censored, also consider The Happy Wanderer. All reflect a casual lifestyle that could lead one's child into a life without morals, but then again just what are morals, and by who's definition.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 9:02:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 9:25:34 AM PDT
To those who in their infinite stupidity chose to DV my post, I sincerely thank you. You're more bored than I am. I however am a prisoner, a prisoner by choice, in a foreign land. Yep, a prisoner who is employed, a prisoner earning more than an obscene salary. Doing what you ask, I answer, I am doing what intelligent countries do. I am providing energy for a country, and for this country to export (meaning sell). A quite noble cause. So rejoice, for when you replenish your empty fuel tank, you can thank me, The B.God bless you one and all.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:38:01 AM PDT
I've searched here, I've searched there and I've searched elsewhere, but alas to no avail, there is not an autographed first edition copy of " I Could Be Deader", a copy bound in fine Corinthian leather. Anyone knowing where a copy is for sale, contact B, @ Br549, collect. Thank, you.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:44:07 AM PDT
Question, is today a no school day for middle school children?'There being so many DV'rs, I just thought that DV'rs are usually middle school preteens.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:50:48 AM PDT
Miss M says:
I think the zombie apocalypse survivors thread snatched them all up, B. Essential reading for the end times as you know...Or a meal, if it gets to that point...

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 12:19:02 PM PDT
DVer's aren't attractive to zombies.

No Braaaiiinnnsssss

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 1:03:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 1:04:04 PM PDT
Mom, you DV'd your son, mom. B weeps, as mom was a child brought up on Shari Lewis reruns and exposure to the Song that Never Ends. Mom, was or is a Zompire. She lived in London, during the 60's, shiver me baby blanket.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 2:02:03 PM PDT
Splinker says:
You just have to keep buying copies on Amazon and hope you get lucky.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 2:57:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 2:58:14 PM PDT
I'm buying mister splinker, b is trying. I'm stuck with a couple of Louis Carroll's, a Robert l.Stevenson a 8th century bce Torah, the original martin luther in your popes face, and an original 1st issue 1952 playboy magazine. No, none so far of " I Could be Deader, by Adam Sifre, in natural ox blood stained fine Corinthian leather.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 3:19:13 PM PDT
Miss M says:
Do not pick up any copies the seller claims have been "gently used."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 5:27:10 PM PDT
Splinker says:
I brought them dinner first.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:25:35 PM PDT
What about "slightly foxed"?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 8:26:53 AM PDT
twinny says:
I'm slightly foxed...
Your reply to twinny's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions