ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components 100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin Fire TV Stick Grocery Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Book alerts?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2012 9:41:00 PM PDT
Loni says:
Is there any way to set up an Amazon alert to be sent as an email or text when new books arrive from your favorite authors?

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 2:34:44 AM PDT
BumbleBea says:
As far as I know, not with Amazon. You can use to send you a notice when your author has a new book, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 5:19:23 AM PDT
As far as I know, you can only do so once a future book is listed. When it says "not yet published" or "not yet available", I believe there's a button on the right that you can click to be alerted once it becomes available.

But I'm not aware of a way of being notified in general, when a new book is imminent from an author.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:07:31 AM PDT
Loni says:
Thanks for your responses. I truly wish Amazon would allow a way to add an author and title to your wishlist that may not yet be on the site. I will check out the Factfic. Thanks for that suggestion.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 7:29:30 AM PDT
It would be smart for Amazon to do this; I think they would see a huge increase in sales. I would love to have this feature as well. I have to go to other sites to get this info. I think the Zon may be missing out by not having this type of service, and am kind of surprised they haven't done this.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 9:19:04 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
They used to do this. problem was with reprints. Nobody liked getting emails that books were coming out that they already had. understandable... guess they couldn't figure a way around it. I tried using it and it just didn't work.
Your reply to MommaCat's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:58:46 AM PDT
If you follow any authors published by Harper Collins they have where you can sign up for emails.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 10:30:39 PM PDT
Fred Goodwin says:
MommaCat is correct that Amazon used to offer an alert service but stopped doing so five or ten years ago.

The problem of reprints was minor as far as I'm concerned. People that didn't like it could cancel their alerts. Instead, Amazon cancelled the entire service, taking it away from even those of us who liked it and relied upon it greatly.

There is an independent website that's about a year old that offers a very similar alert service that I've been using for a couple of weeks and I really enjoy it. Give it a try:

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 8:33:50 AM PDT
Artist says:
If you look on the author's page here on Amazon, there may be an option to be notified by e-mail when a new book is released. The option was recently added to the author's pages of two indie writers that I follow.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2014 12:25:33 PM PDT
Lori A. Bain says:
You're absolutely right, Amazon did used to do this, and I miss it, even with the extra notifications for reprints.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2014 12:41:15 PM PDT
As the Artist mentioned in the post above yours, you can now opt to receive notices of new works on the author's Amazon page

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 12:58:08 PM PDT
Fred Goodwin says:
That's a great feature, but it doesn't help if you're looking for new books on a specific subject, rather than by a particular author. For the life of me, I can't understand why Amazon doesn't bring back these alerts. Aren't they in business to sell books? It seems to me that notifying me of new books in a subject are of interest to me just might encourage me to buy one (or more) of them. But hey. that's just me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions