Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Badly Behaving Endings

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2012 4:56:05 AM PDT
Splinker says:
No. I don't mean embarassing prom nights. What books have you read with disappointing endings?

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:56:03 AM PDT
Splinker says:
Stephen King's Tommyknockers. Also It.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:38:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 8:12:01 AM PDT
apatos99 says:
Personally I thought It had a great ending, except the perverse scene with Beverely. (I still can't believe he wrote that!)

For me it is almost eveything by Mr Koontz. I hate the self rightous cop who discovers the goodness of his soul in time to vanquish the evil. Or how the Villain always self destructs commiting that crucial and usually egotistical error that allows the hero to triumphant.

Sometimes I think, author get into a rush and cheat the ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:01:06 AM PDT
Splinker says:
I agree completely with the rushing comment.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:11:09 AM PDT
apatos99 says:
It's understandable. You're in superheated rush of excitement, but you have to learn to slow down and deliver the finale, perfectly. I have also seen it drawn out too much!

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:32:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 8:32:48 AM PDT
Lady Writer says:
I hated the ending in '61 Hours', by Lee Child. After mayhem and destruction, death and dismemberment like you cannot imagine, our hero simply...rides off into the sunset. He'd even dusted his hands first. I lay there quite...unfulfilled.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:29:56 PM PDT
Son of Rosemary.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:18:09 PM PDT
Brent Butler says:
"Firehand" was the 5th book in Andre Norton's Time Trader's series. It was not written by Norton. It did not even come from an outline by Norton. It quite clearly was a standalone novel written by the "guest author", who wrapped a chapter or two onto the front and the back of her standalone novel ... and globally replaced some character names ... in an attempt to craft a quick Time Traders novel to scam Norton's fans with.

Predictably, the ending was very, very shallow and unconvincing. I gave it the most scathing review of any book I've ever reviewed ... not that I have too many scathing book reviews out there. I generally tend to do a better job of picking my reading material. The times I get burned are when I commit to finishing a series, and the books in the series turn out to be uneven in quality.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 10:31:15 AM PDT
Splinker says:
Stephen Donaldson's second round ov Covanent books were disappointing

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 8:36:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2012 7:32:11 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:57:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2012 7:32:40 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions