Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Beaut ifully Behaving Authors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 188 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 1:55:58 PM PDT
Oh, Ok. I've not been in that forum.
I see her around here though and she is always well spoken and well typed and I usually find her posts to be of value.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 1:56:15 PM PDT
I just find it a bit ironic??? I know, I should probably just ignore it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 1:58:23 PM PDT
G., maybe so? I just think that some people have nothing better to do than stir things up-you know?

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 1:59:52 PM PDT
Brent Butler says:
Charlene, I've read her first book and about half of her second. In a pinch I'd have to say YA, but I'm a 54 year old who normally reads sci-fi, heroic fantasy, and mystery and they hold my interest. It's because her writing style is sound and her characters have a real charm to them.

Posted on May 21, 2012 2:02:45 PM PDT
Beth says:
I would add Maria Schneider to the list.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 2:11:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 2:32:53 PM PDT
I wish someone would post a link to her books, I would like to read them. I think I would like to download some? Thanks for letting us know the genre. I really did think they were children's books because she has such a knowledge of this genre. Paint me wrong...again. ;)

ET delete a word.

Posted on May 21, 2012 2:27:27 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
*peeks head in cautiously* I write in the YA Fantasy/Romance genre, but I have a big love for children's books -- I really was a teacher for a long time, and I have a Master's degree in literacy. I wish the Children's Books Forum was more active than it is, because I miss having all of my kiddos to share those books with. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 2:29:28 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
G. - I really try not to use these forums for promo -- I like to have real conversations here, but my books ARE linked to my GR profile.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 2:32:19 PM PDT
Oh, I didn't even think to look there. Thanks ;).

Posted on May 21, 2012 2:35:33 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
And thank you, Ms. Mayhem, Brent, G., and Charlene. I am humbled by the compliments.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 2:45:18 PM PDT
Yes, Charlene, some people would start an argument in an empty room.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 2:55:32 PM PDT
All the threads here get down voted. It's a virus, I think.

Posted on May 21, 2012 3:03:18 PM PDT
Michael James, who does the Genre thread in MOA. Such a sweet man.

P.L. Blair. Very knowledgeable and interesting. Doesn't post a lot here. I wish she would.

Michael McKinney. So interesting and can talk about so many experiences he's had. But he only posts in one thread, now, because he got down voted a lot (even though he wasn't talking about his books) and someone had some of his good reviews taken down, even though the reviews were legit.

Frank Mundo. Very nice person and interesting.

I agree with the authors that have been mentioned. Love Archer and Teacher Mommy because they are professional and know how to be just readers here.

There are a few others I would mention, but I won't because I think they'd rather I didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 3:08:28 PM PDT
Don't forget Marcus Pailing. And then there is Elizabeth Rolls. She does not post much here on Ammy more on likesbooks but her posts are always helpful, never about her own. Only once did she refer to one of her books when I posted a questions re a plot and could not remember the title. She offered the title but left out that is was her book.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 3:15:21 PM PDT
I love Marcus!!!! He knows how to play without talking about being an author.

>>Only once did she refer to one of her books when I posted a questions re a plot and could not remember the title. She offered the title but left out that is was her book.<<

Wow, that's really keeping the author hat off.

Once Sabrina Jeffries posted. I was such a fangirl I gushed. How embarrassing! But it was really cool to have her reply to me (I just asked her if she posted a lot on the forums).

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 3:19:50 PM PDT
Thank you, Brent!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 3:40:52 PM PDT
@Angela: As an "ode" to Marcus: he has become such a REGULAR poster, that I had forgotten that he was an author. He has many thoughtful contributions to this forum.

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:04:52 PM PDT
anna, G, check to BBA on GR re excuses and arguments. Charlene I answered there.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:27:53 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
"It's a virus, I think."

It's called jealousy. ;)

I second all of the authors already mentioned, but honestly? I think all of us already know that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:31:31 PM PDT
i did that when Ilona andrews posted not long ago, ditto with Josh lanyon

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:34:34 PM PDT
Off to GR. Thanks Angela for the heads-up!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 6:28:55 PM PDT
Brent Butler says:
Most welcome, Charlene. :-)

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:18:21 PM PDT
Ann Troup, Remi Michaud, Jim Fields and Kelly Fisher. Lots of fun and contributed a lot to the forums.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 7:30:19 PM PDT
Haven't heard much from Jim lately.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 7:36:33 PM PDT
He's in a book club thread in the Horror forum and he's spending more time writing.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  188
Initial post:  May 21, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions