Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Wool - Hugh Howey

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-60 of 60 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 4:35:12 PM PDT
LyraG says:
Jeffrey,
I got my information about the Random House deal from Publishers Marketplace, which lists all reported deals that publishers and agents submit. (Century is part of
Random House Group (UK) which is part of Bertelsmann.) To access Publishers Marketplace, you have to have a subscription, which may be why it didn't show up in a search.

Here's all the listings for Wool in May in PM:

May 15
International rights: Fiction Complex Chinese rights to Hugh Howey's WOOL, to Eric Chen at Nautilus, in a pre-empt; simplified Chinese rights to Shanghai Insight, at auction, by Gray Tan at The Grayhawk Agency on behalf of Whitney Lee at The Fielding Agency in association with Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary Agency.

May 14, 2012

International rights:
UK Fiction Hugh Howey's self-published sci-fi ebooks WOOL and the prequel FIRST SHIFT, prequel about a dystopian future where the last inhabitants on earth band together in safe bunkers called silos and where no one is allowed outside until a secret is discovered that could change the course of humanity as well as reveal its devastating past, to Jack Fogg at Century, in a six-figure deal, at auction, by Jenny Meyer at Jenny Meyer Literary Agency and Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary Agency.

Rights to WOOL, to Jorge Oakim at Intrinseca in Brazil, in a pre-empt, in a very nice deal (by Jenny Meyer; to José López Jara at Minotauro in Spain, at auction; and to Artur Wroblewski at Papierowy Ksiezyc in Poland.

Film rights to 20th Century Fox in partnership with Ridley Scott of Scott Free and Steve Zaillian of Film Rites, by Kassie Evashevski of UTA, Kristin Nelson of Nelson Literary Agency, and entertainment attorney Wayne Alexander.
jenny@meyerlit.com

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 4:35:42 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 4:41:49 PM PDT
Cphe says:
Okay Jules - Thank You,
And Thank You to everyone else who has put forth their thoughts on Wool

I'll download it now...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 5:15:57 PM PDT
K. Rowley says:
"I had no idea it was to be made into a movie - I've not heard anything about Wool( the book) in Australia."

That's not surprising, I think the only reason anyone knows about the book is beacuse word of mouth - people telling other people they should read the book.. The only reason I knew about it was it was brought up on one the threads over on the Science Fiction forum.

"My question asked if the book on Amazon had a definitive ending - that's all"

I guess it depends on what you consider a "definitive ending".. The books 1~5 do end.. But then there is the book six, which is really a prequel that adds to what you've read in the first five books by filling in how things got to where they were at the begining of book one.. Do you have to read book six to enjoy the omnibus? Not really.

"I am skeptical/cynical because what a lot of people in the world might like ......I and others will not like."

The fact you're asking about the suggested that you might be interested in reading it. I'm guessing that you have at least read the synopsis that was written for the book's product page.

"At the moment I am very disenchanted in series books."

If that's the case, then don't read this, as it does seem to have the potential of turning into a series.. as well as a movie. Although, given the scope of the books, I could see it being more a mini-series than a feature film.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 8:21:20 PM PDT
Cphe says:
@Jules
Warning! Reading about stair climbing might tire you out.....the characters do spend a fair amount of time climbing up and down those silos.

So..... I'll try the "mental" version of cardio -
ps Jules - that's my kind of fitness programme (I walk and jog enough at work)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 8:22:24 PM PDT
Cphe says:
Thank you Miss M.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 8:46:31 PM PDT
Well, you've all conviced me to start it too. :)
Your reply to Lucy McGillicuddy's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 2:33:11 PM PDT
Natalie K. says:
Is there sexuality in this series? Is it appropriate for a 15 year old girl?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 4:08:04 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
"Is there sexuality in this series? Is it appropriate for a 15 year old girl?"

There is just one brief scene in the book where two people sleep together - it's an older couple and it really doesn't go into any details.. It just establishes that they care for each other.

I think a 15 year old would like the book.

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 5:54:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 12, 2013 5:54:13 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Jun 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions