Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

A Universe from Nothing Kindle Availability in NZ

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2012 9:19:15 PM PDT
Paul Felber says:
Amazon's availability for this book in NZ is 13 Sep 2012, yet a friend of mine just downloaded it to her Kindle. Anyone know what is going on here?

Posted on May 30, 2012 9:32:54 PM PDT
Miss M says:
Digital distribution rights are still far from global. There are lots of English language books that have staggered publication dates and different publishers, depending on region. For example, many of the popular Scandinavian crime writers, like Jo Nesbo, are published in translation in the UK a good six months before their books are released in the US.

This Australian book, which has been out two years and I've seen great reviews for, is available to me in the US only as an audiobook. The Diggers Rest Hotel: A Charlie Berlin Mystery. It can be frustrating.

Posted on May 31, 2012 2:24:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 31, 2012 8:23:45 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 4:57:28 AM PDT
G. says:
@life-impact: You have at least five self promotion posts. Self-promotion of your book is not allowed in ANY forum except for the Meet Our Authors forum:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

Please stop.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 3:35:47 PM PDT
Paul Felber says:
Miss Milford. Thanks for the reply. What is strange in my case is that the book could be downloaded to the NZ Kindle of my friend, but is showing is not available until September 2012. Perhaps if I just go for the pre-order option it will come down to my Kindle.

Posted on May 31, 2012 3:51:05 PM PDT
Iola says:
Yes - if you preorder, it gets delivered automatically when the book releases. Most books seem to release at midnight in the US, which means they arrive on my NZ Kindle at around 7pm, just as I am sitting down after dinner and wondering what to read.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 5:26:43 PM PDT
Miss M says:
Hmm, that does sound strange - I thought you were in two different countries.
Sorry, don't know about that. You could always try sending customer service an email.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 1:28:56 AM PDT
Paul Felber says:
Thanks MM

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 1:32:05 AM PDT
Paul Felber says:
Thanks Iola, funny thing is my friend her in NZ managed to download it to her Kindle, yet for me its on pre-order only. Perhaps if I got for pre-order it will download NOW??
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  May 30, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions