Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Customer Discussions > Kindle Help Forum

Transfer books to my Kindle, not Cloud Reader

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 77 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2011 11:37:50 PM PDT
Having trouble transferring books to my kindle. Issue is that they say I have books delivered to my cloud reader and I don't know what a cloud reader is. How can I take this out of "Deliver to".

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2011 1:04:41 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 4:57:10 PM PDT
Since I can't find Jon D. Henderson's original post, would anyone happen to know how to transfer a cloud reader book to my kindle. I accidentally bought the book on cloud reader and would prefer to have it on my kindle. Is that possible?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 6:04:50 PM PDT
@Jeannine: Turn on your Kindle's wireless and then synch it (using the menu item for that purpose). The book should then be in the archive list on the Kindle - then click on the title to download it to the Kindle's Home page.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 6:51:57 PM PDT
C. Shepperd says:
I am having the same difficulty as J. Henderson. I downloaded a book and it went to Cloud Reader ( had no idea what that was) and now I can't download from Amazon to my Kindle. Books just go to the Cloud Reader and my Kindle doesn't even show up on the list of where to send the book. Help please.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 12:40:34 PM PDT
I too have the same problem!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 12:50:34 PM PDT
ShirleyKat says:
To buy for the Cloud Reader, you have to specifically pick that option from the Deliver To menu if you're using an account that has both the Kindle and the Cloud Reader registered. I doubt that you did that. If you were buying on the account your real Kindle is registered to, it would have been the default choice. So I'm guessing that you bought the book on a different account. The only way to get it to your Kindle is to register your Kindle to the other account that now owns that title.

If you purchased the book within the last 7 days, contact Kindle support for a refund. Then log into the account the Kindle is registered to and buy the book from that account. Using your computer:

Click Help at the top of most Amazon pages
Click Kindle (left column) or Kindle Help & Tools in the middle
Click Contact us (right column)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 6:17:47 PM PDT
C. Shepperd says:
I took someone's suggestion and deregistered my Kindle and re-registered it making sure to use the current email address, etc. In two minutes, it was done and I downloaded a book from the Cloud to my Kindle in just a few seconds. I have had my Kindle for almost a year and it may have been registered using an old email address. Everything works fine now.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 7:08:56 PM PDT
L. Leverton says:
The problem is you don't register cloud reader. It's just in your browser. I had accidently signed in to my non kindle amazon account and bought a book. It went straight to the cloud reader because there was no kindle registered to the account. I logged out and logged in to my correct account and repurchased the book and it was then sent to my kindle. If it is sending it to the cloud reader, you are on the wrong account . You have created a new account by mistake when you logged in.Had discussion about this yesterday. If you click on one wrong box, and type in your info, it creates a new account.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 8:29:41 AM PDT
ShirleyKat says:
Really? I remember having to identify my account when it was first introduced. But then, I was not buying a book. I just wanted to try it out with books I already owned. Thereafter, the Cloud Reader appeared as one of my Kindle apps on the Deliver to menu.

If anyone can buy a Kindle book now without having any registered Kindle on the account they're logged into, that's a rather good marketing move. You start reading and decide you don't like doing that on the computer and buy a Kindle. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 10:46:19 AM PDT
L. Leverton says:
Yes, i had no idea at the time. I was logged in on my prime account. It has no kindle device registered to it at all. I was reading Happy REader Joyce's books of the day and clicked on one to buy. It just opened in the cloud reader. I couldn't figure it out until I realized I was on the wrong account. I didn't have to put my name or anything in.

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 8:12:03 PM PDT
Is there any way to transfer older documents already on my kindle keyboard to my cloud reader?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 10:15:37 PM PDT
TuxGirl says:
C Shepperd:
The problem now is that your other kindle books are all on your other account. So, now you've got two accounts with kindle books, and it's not possible to merge the accounts.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 10:16:13 PM PDT
TuxGirl says:
April:
Open cloud reader while signed into the amazon account that your kindle is on.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 11:12:26 AM PST
kentiopsis says:
A related question: I downloaded a book to the Cloud Reader using my wife's account; my Kindle is set to my own account. What's the best way to to download the book from the cloud to my Kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 11:24:53 AM PST
ShirleyKat says:
Books are owned by an account. Kindles must register to the account that owns the book they want download. Then the book will appear in the archives. Download it to the Kindle and then you can register back to your own account as long as you are using an e-ink Kindle.

If you have a Fire, it's a different story. As soon as you deregister a Fire, all Amazon content is deleted from it. You could still register to the account that owns the book you want, but you have to stay registered on that account until you've finished reading that book. Otherwise, it too disappears when you deregister the next time.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 5:35:17 PM PST
N. Blackmon says:
Ok, so I bought a book and started reading it on the cloud reader because my kindle wouldn't connect with the wifi where I was. How do I get my book from cloud reader to my kindle? It isn't showing up in the archived items.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 5:35:18 PM PST
N. Blackmon says:
Ok, so I bought a book and started reading it on the cloud reader because my kindle wouldn't connect with the wifi where I was. How do I get my book from cloud reader to my kindle? It isn't showing up in the archived items.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 6:17:17 PM PST
What I do to get something to my Kindle is go through the "Manage Your Kindle" section in the Your Accout area of Amazon.com [it would be on the right side of the page]. From there you should be able to search for your book there and have it sent to your kindle. Did you buy it from Amazon.com or was it a personal document? The easiest thing is to click on the "All Items" link under the "Your Kindle Library" in the left colomn and then search...that's what I do when I am sending my things to my Kindle Keyboard or Kindle Fire so it should work.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 6:17:49 PM PST
Daniel Simko says:
I have large PDF files on my computer that will not email to my kindle. any ideas how to get them on my kindle?

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 7:20:10 PM PST
I have a book bought and downloaded onto my laptop. It is on my Cloud Reader. I use the extension for Google Chrome and I have enabled it for offline use. I want to transfer the book to my kindle. There are no networks my kindle can connect to, so I cannot get it from the internet to my kindle. How can I transfer an ebook directly from my computer to my kindle? Where are the ebooks for the "cloud reader" app stored on my computer? If I knew that I could transfer the file from that folder to the documents folder on my kindle.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 5:45:14 AM PST
A. Hanlon says:
I purchased a book for my new Kindle Touch and it is in my Archived Items. However, it continuously, for 3 days, says "pending". What am I doing wrong. This is my first purchase and I have to say it is not very user friendly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 1:28:40 PM PST
Hello Adam Pendleton,

If you're unable to connect your Kindle wirelessly, you can purchase content from the Kindle Store on your computer and then transfer your new items via USB to your Kindle.

Once you have purchased the book, visit Manage Your Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle and locate your content within Your Kindle Library. Click on Actions and select "Download & transfer via USB." The file will download to your computer.

Connect your Kindle to your computer using the USB cable and drag the file to the "documents" folder on your Kindle.

Detailed instructions about transferring content to your Kindle via USB are available on our Kindle Support pages:

http://www.amazon.com/USBtransfer

I hope this helps!
Best Regards,

J. Daniels
Amazon Kindle Customer Service

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 1:31:43 PM PST
Hello A. Hanlon,

To complete your download, verify that your device is sufficiently charged and your wireless connection is enabled. To manually activate the download, select "Sync & Check for Items" from the Home screen menu.

If your book or other Kindle content doesn't appear afterward, please restart your Kindle, which should clear any intermittent problems you are experiencing with wireless delivery. To do this, visit your Kindle's Settings screen by selecting that option from the Home screen menu. When you're on the Settings screen, select Menu again. You'll then see a "Restart" option you can select to reboot your Kindle.

If you need more help downloading your items, here is our direct number 1-866-321-8851 (inside U.S) / 1-206-266-0927 (any other country)or we can contact you by chat or phone directly from many countries. Learn how on our Kindle Support website at:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

I hope this helps!
Best Regards,

J. Daniels
Amazon Kindle Customer Service

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 9:14:20 AM PST
AJR says:
I am with every other poster: I have an e-book on the Cloud Reader but can't get it to my Kindle! What a joke. I had gotten discouraged with Kindle anyway as to volume of e-books available (new titles, yes; old titles, not so many) and this just ices the cake. I am donating the Kindle to my wife. Let me know when you all get ALL the books transferred to e-format and downloadable to my kindle. Meanwhile I'll be killing trees and reading paper books.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Help Forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2011
Latest post:  May 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions