Customer Discussions > Kindle Help Forum

Disable carousel, or at least remove items from Kindle Fire carousel

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 235 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:33:53 AM PST
Ben Carter says:
Yeah, I got the same thing on the Go Launcher.

I did install go launcher per http://liliputing.com/2011/11/how-to-sideload-apps-even-the-android-market-on-the-amazon-kindle-fire.html but like I mentioned in an earlier post when I tried to boot I just got a blank screen (that was a tense moment). I recycled the power and when prompted booted to the amazon launch proggie and it was fine. I promptly uninstalled go launcher.

I had the fire about 3 hours at the time I went through this and it was like, well, cr*p.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:37:11 AM PST
Ben Carter says:
The interface can be a little challenging. You can't perform all of the functions on an app in all of the screens. I think to actually delete something you have to pull it up in the app screen and select 'remove from device'. The app will however continue to show up on your kindle fire as a cloud app.

Now, you can hook this up to your pc/mac with a micro usb and manually delete items from the kindle fire.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 9:47:33 AM PST
WB says:
Why Cant I get rid of CRAP APPS/ICONS on my Knidle???
I dont want junk like Facebook. I cant even uninstall it.
Come on Amazon, great product, just some tweeks to make it better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 9:15:26 PM PST
golfshoe11 says:
This doesn't work for me....icons are still there. Thanks anyway.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 9:20:21 PM PST
Eye Rony says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 9:24:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 9:24:29 PM PST
golfshoe11 says:
I don't mind the carousel if there was a way to delete the ones you don't want to show for all the world to see.

How many people want to show off their Kindle to a friend or co-worker with a graphical display of every website, book, movie and song from their personal history displayed front and center on the main page without a way to delete anything embarrassing?

C'mon Amazon!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 9:34:15 PM PST
Eye Rony says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 2:40:24 AM PST
Ben Carter says:
Gee, that was helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 4:33:56 AM PST
RAUL BRIONES says:
You can use Go LAUNCHER to replace the carousel.It would look different.Just download the app from the market.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 4:34:41 AM PST
RAUL BRIONES says:
download Go launcher app and you can replace the carousel.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 4:36:21 AM PST
ShirleyKat says:
Press and hold the icon to remove it from Favorites. At least it's out of your face then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 4:47:00 AM PST
Ben Carter says:
As far as I know go launcher will not work on the kindle.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 6:59:02 AM PST
W. Mauney says:
The carousel is garbage. Ruins an otherwise nice product.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 8:14:52 AM PST
ed says:
Just received this e-mail from Amazon.
"I'm sorry; currently, removing contents in carousel is not available on Kindle Fire. We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in removing contents in carousel.

However, I've forwarded your concern about removing contents in carousel to our development team and we'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements. We regularly update our Kindle and Kindle application software with added features. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this software update for your Kindle device."
ed

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 8:25:33 AM PST
ed says:
If you don't want to see all the stuff that is on the carrousel, just keep scrolling the carrousel screen to the left and eventually you will get to the very end of the carrousel. Now, at least in my case, only one book appears. Much better then looking at all the clutter.
ed

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 8:31:04 AM PST
ShirleyKat says:
That probably works about as well as my option to add enough favorites until they replace the carousel. However, when you go back to Home from most places, I have to push the shelves up again. But that's only one swipe. I'd hate to swipe the carousel for my 1800+ Amazon books. :-)

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 11:29:20 AM PST
If the carousel doesn't get fixed/modified within my 30 day window, it is going back to Amazon. This is ridiculous. What a horrible UI.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 2:16:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 24, 2011 2:26:10 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 7:15:06 PM PST
Amazon is pissing me off ... Fix this ridiculous feature .. Who the hell approved this feature .. For the love of god give me the option to deplete

Who ever approved this should be fired... And the focus group that pre tested ... Well that just tells me how screwed up that process is

Do an upgrade and do it fast word is spreading and this is a product killer

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 7:18:17 PM PST
Eye Rony says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 8:07:13 PM PST
Oh ... But it is ... When this many folks are upset ... And they are

And word gets out ..and it has... and their are other options and their are ...it's a product killer

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2011 12:05:34 AM PST
Eye Rony says:

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 11:00:02 PM PST
BF Shopper says:
Here some tips for Kindle Fire, including removing things from the carousel (not ebooks though)

http://mazurk.net/KindleFire.htm

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 8:45:50 AM PST
https://plus.google.com/117276712791932591100/posts/GZ6cgbU6Je2

that helps you delete things on your carousal. you just cant delete books

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 10:45:42 AM PST
Ben Carter says:
Once again, that does not help those of us that do not want to see the carousel. At all.

And, once again, even Bill Gates had enough sense to let you set up your workspace as you wanted.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Help Forum
Participants:  140
Total posts:  235
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 32 customers

Search Customer Discussions