Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Customer Discussions > Kindle Deals forum

lending library

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2012 11:00:15 AM PDT
I borrowed a book from the Kindle Lending Library and then deleted it from my Kindle when I finished reading it. Why can't I borrow another book from the Library? Why do I have to wait a month between loans?
Your reply to Mary Anne McDonald's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 12:25:54 PM PDT
SHAMAN says:
i would have asked the same question but, then checked an email received and it states you are allowed one free download of any book per month. You can go and choose from the other library that offers free books but, not much to read there unless interested by certain titles..Lots of old stuff or things you may have read in high school. Try going to other sites for free downloads and just send them to your tablet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 2:15:50 PM PDT
King Al says:
Amazon has to pay the publisher for each book you borrow, so they decided to limit you to one per month.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:39:24 PM PDT
Anonymous35 says:
I take many books out from our local library -- free -- between 2 library systems up to 30 at a time. Returnable when finished or after 21 days they just disappear. And then just take out more. Sometimes the newest have long waiting lists, but there is always something good and readable. I haven't bought a book from Amazon in 6 months.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 2:35:47 AM PDT
Shira says:
i get books from the library too. the wait lists don't always take as long as you'd think also so just get on the wait lists and check out other available books in the mean time. they have a lot of them available. I also get from 2 different libraries. Not sure how other states work, but in california you can get a library card at almost any library in any county just for being a california resident. having cards for multiple libraries helps you get more books, increases the selection, and some libraries have a long wait list for a book that another library may have multiple copies of. it's pretty nifty! good luck to you! i don't really buy books anymore either now that i can just borrow them.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 7:32:35 AM PDT
Steve says:
I get the Kindle Daily Deal email and have purchased a number of excellent books for $1.99 from that. Go here to add Kindle email subscriptions: http://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/home

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 5:19:44 AM PDT
Donna says:
I cannot get to the lending books part of the site.is there a link that would take me to it? Or do I need to download software to access it? I can read free and purchased books just not the library books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 9:46:38 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:12:41 PM PDT
P. Wilson says:
I also get books from public library. So glad I learned about this. Save a lot of money. The wait is usually not long...especially if you sign up for as many as they allow. You always have several to read and they keep coming. I have also read a lot of the free books on amazon and have enjoyed. I read some authors who are very good and I wouldn't have known about them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 4:26:01 PM PDT
Donna. If you are talking about the kindle owners lending library it has to be accessed through your kindle. From your kindle go to the kindle store. At the top of the page under browse choose "see all categories" and then select kindle owners lending library.

Note: You have to have a prime account. You have to be the primary owner of this account. And you actually have to own a kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 9:28:10 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
Donna, are you a paid member of Amazon Prime? If not, you can't access the lending library.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 12:20:16 AM PDT
KathyL says:
Deleting a book borrowed book from the Kindle Lending Library on your Kindle doesn't delete it from your account. You need to go to the "Manage Your Kindle" page on the Amazon website, find the book in your list, then click on the "Actions" button to return it. Because there isn't a set checkout period, it won't automatically disappear from your account. There may be an easier way to to return a book, but I don't know what it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 4:01:07 PM PDT
On the kindle fire go to Books, then Store, then Kindle Owners Linding Library, then you can brouse by Category.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 10:57:44 AM PDT
M. Blevins says:
This is the link I use for the public library in tennessee... Not sure if this is for everyone or if you can put your state in? I'll insert link just in case:) they are all free with your local library card! http://reads.lib.overdrive.com/12BF14E9-E8A5-4431-9E40-E32A2095D85B/40/20/en/Default.htm

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 1:04:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2012 1:11:26 PM PDT
angel says:
Thank you for the suggestion about local libraries. Do you have to go to them in order to borrow the books first or can you do it on line? Also I have been getting free books from the BookBub. Lots of good interesting books and as you said authors I would not have heard about. Thanks again,.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 2:55:29 PM PDT
M. Blevins says:
No mam, you just use your local library card to sign up. I mostly download them to the kindle on my iPad since my computer is on the fritz... But when my computer worked I would download them to the computer then to my kindle. Of course, if you have the kindle with wifi you're good:) I will def check out bookbub! Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:45:43 AM PDT
aiden727 says:
I am also very frustrated not being able to download another book from amazon

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 7:48:48 AM PDT
When I first received my Kindle. A friend recommended the Prime Membership. Not only for good deals and free shipping, but also because of the great lending library. At first I found books that interested me. Now it's rare that I find anything I want to read at all. Personally I don't bother even looking anymore. Thanks @angel about the tip on Book Bub..are those ebooks as well? When you guys talk about getting books from the library are those ebooks? Thanks for your help?

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 9:09:13 AM PDT
M. Blevins says:
Ladybugs, all the books that I'm talking about are ebooks. There's also a couple other book sites that offer free & cheap kindle books.... Ereader news today & pixel of ink are great sites:)

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 9:20:07 AM PDT
Thanks very much M. Blevins . I'll look into those sites. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 2:36:47 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 10:08:42 PM PDT
Fabizzle says:
So put the Prime on your account and he can get the free shipping as your guest, since you can't get the free book as his guest.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 6:30:11 AM PDT
Laura B says:

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 6:31:51 AM PDT
Laura B says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 2:20:08 PM PDT
Bookworm says:
I need some help with downloading ebooks to my Kindle Fire. I used to download to another device with no problems. Now it seems that there is a link missing. The ebooks are in some book purgatory somewhere. I even tried to download via USB, but then I couldn't locate the books.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Deals forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Deals forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Jul 12, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions