Customer Discussions > Kindle Magazine forum

Can you get magazines that come in print on your kindle if you have already paid for the subscription?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2011 9:37:19 AM PST
D. Klaus says:
I ordered some of the $5 magazine deals from Amazon that are in print. Can I get those on my Kindle Fire. I read somewhere earlier this month that I could but now I can't find the link. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 7:32:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 7:32:47 PM PST
GarthBnut says:
I would love to know the answer to this...I would love to convert my paper subscription from Prevention Magazine to my Fire.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 7:47:11 AM PST
C. Schmidt says:
Will any magazines allow you to get just an emagazine subscription? I don't even want the paper copy, I would rather read it on my Kindle Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 4:32:55 PM PST
T. Harris says:
Yes, but it depends on the magazine. I have subscriptions o both Essence and Real Simple, and both magazines offer free tablet versions.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 7:16:22 PM PST
Marilyn says:
Can I subscribe to Bead Style magazine on my Kindle keyboard if the magazine says it is for Kindle fire?

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 6:31:15 AM PST
Judy Zinober says:
Did anyone get a response to this question from the magazine? I have a subscription and would like to get it on Kindle.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 10:19:18 PM PST
I am trying to get the Parents magazine for Kindle Fire, but it seems to be doing it as a Android app instead of for the Fire. Am I missing something?

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 6:12:07 AM PST
Corinna says:
I would Love an answer to these questions as well. I tried to ask Amazon Kindle customer service about how to get my print magazines delivered to my Fire as well since there are iPad versions available for free when you have a print subscription. I realize that Kindle is not iPad, but The only answer I got was they did not see any current magazine subscriptions on my Kindle account. That obviously did not help. Does anyone know if this can work or how to get them on my kindle without paying for another subscription? I am specifically looking at Family Fun, Everyday Food and Whole Living....Thanks!

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 6:40:44 PM PST
I am getting Time, Entertainment Weekly and Better Homes and gardens free on Kindle with my paper subscription. I found out about it inside each magazine, I got the app amd then downloaded mag. Thanks you magazine companies who do this. I don't know why it is more expensive to buy Kindle magazine subscription than to get paper version.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 7:05:01 AM PST
Craig W. says:
Talked to ESPN. Kindle Fire edition is not included in the print subscription. If you want it on your Kindle as well you are going to have to pay for it. You can get it for free if you are using an iPad.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 5:22:28 AM PST
Each subscription is different on what is offered digitally, whether it is free with a paid physical subscription, etc. If you search on amazon, you can find most of them, along with reviews that will help you determine whether you want to pay extra for the digital. I get Better Homes and Gardens as a gift every year, and was thrilled to see that the app for the digital version is free, and it rocks!! To me, the best digital ones will be where they make use of the electronic format, not just give you a digital image of the hard copy. I am currently exploring whether I will add other subscriptions -- and you have to look. I just got Consumer Reports as a hard copy subscription, but the electronic version is not free, and did not get good reviews, so I think I'll pass on that one at this time. Take a look on amazon for your current subscriptions, and go from there.

When the publishers make good use of the digital version, so cool! The potential for this stuff is awesome.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 6:28:15 AM PST
Buzz says:
I have Kindle Touch and a "Money" magazine subscription. Has anyone received any magazine subscriptions onto a Kindle TOUCH?

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 3:25:32 PM PDT
A.Tordoff says:
I bought a j-14 magizine but on the pigs it shows an old issue which one will I get the old or new one.

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 7:51:09 PM PDT
tferero says:
If anyone is an All You subscriber, they have an app that lets you download issues you are subscribed too. Their kindle app is VERY good. The format is amazing and looks great on this device.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 3:23:51 PM PDT
tideivlife1 says:
Folks, it depends on the magazine. Also, amazon's not making any money on selling you your kindle fire tablet, they're betting you're going to buy-buy-buy FROM your kindle fire tablet. It's just a very cool hand-held department store with just enough cool 'free' entertainment to keep you on-line. Oh yes, how easy 1-click shopping is. It works on me, it'll work on you too. Making purchases baby! So don't expect everything to be equitable, like magazine subscriptions, on-line vs print. These people have us right where they want us, at the virtual cash register.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2012 9:42:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2012 9:43:40 PM PDT
Jose says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 8:08:17 AM PDT
KateinNY says:
I have a paid print subscription to Country Living and I'd like to get in on Kindle Fire as well. Does anyone know what the deal is with that title specifically?

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 9:49:42 AM PDT
I'm like several others, I already have print subscriptions to Outdoor Life and Field & Stream. My Golf and Golf Digest magazines give free Kindle versions to print subscribers. I'd like to have both, but why pay for both.

Posted on May 27, 2012 6:50:01 PM PDT
Bob O. says:
Read this thread just as we were doing our periodic purge of old print mags. It struck me that Amazon is perhaps missing an opportunity to drag magazines into the 21st Century. Despite my frequent vows to organize my numerous print mags, or at least the articles I'm interested in, it just never happens. The "why not" for me is that I usually lack the time and/or motivation to go back through past issues to somehow highlight those relatively few articles worth saving. Have tried tearing them out, scanning them, and organizing topically; folding the pages; writing names and page numbers on the covers, etc.

But what if it was possible to highlight articles, or portions of articles, in ezines, then save those and delete the rest? More than half the battle would won by reducing the sheer mass of pages from max to min. With a relatively simple, but scalable, filing system, the job just might be doable without an inordinate amount of housekeeping effort.

Hey, just a thought.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:39:41 PM PST
K. Johnson says:
if you have the print subscription, and sign up for the kindle subscription, can you still get the print? or does the print stop coming?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2013 10:02:28 PM PST
Don't you need hardcopy all you for coupons

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2013 11:13:43 PM PST
Chris says:
If you subscribe to the printed version of Consumer Reports, then all you have to do is download it for free from the App Store and you will be able to read it on your ipad. I do it also with Living, Real Simple, People,and This Week

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 11:18:46 PM PST
Chris says:
I would like to know how I can read some electronic beading magazine issues that I purchased directly through the company, on my iPad through the kindle app
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Magazine forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions