Customer Discussions > Kindle Magazine forum

Love My Fire; Very Unhappy with Magazines Compared to Nook

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2011 1:14:34 PM PST
I recently got my Kindle Fire and I love it. I'm a long time Amazon Prime member and consume a lot of Amazon content. I bought a color Nook about 6 months ago and have been happy with. However I like the Fire better for books and video. One thing I do see the Nook does much better than the Fire so far, is magazines. The issue I'm running into are all the magazines that are available as apps. For example, People Style and InStyle. For some of these, such as InStyle, on the Fire it requires you to be a print subscriber. However, on the Nook you do not have to. It downloads as a regular magazine (not an app.). I have found this true with RealSimple, Allure and People Style as well. I really hope this changes. I also found with Parent's magazine, of which I do have a print subscription, when I log in to the app. I do not see the current issue listed in the Library section of the app.

I'm overall very happy with the Fire, but it has a ways to go with magazines. I was going to see my Nook, but until the Fire handles magazines in a better way I'm going to hold on to it.

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 7:30:55 PM PST
Jim Royce says:
I agree. Magazines subscriptions should be available for my kindle iPad app. I much prefer all my mags to be inside one or two apps. And there is a terrific app for this: zinio at zinio.com. It has almost all the mags I want except two: new Yorker and Fast Company. I use zinio for Macworld, economist, PC Mag, Dwell and others. Best part is I get them on subscription at sub prices, not these expensive single issue prices. Plus zinio allows me to download and read on any computer or my iPad. I love zinio. There are hundreds of mags to choose from, but I want those two mags on sub too

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 2:51:47 PM PST
Phyl Worm says:
Anyone know if you can WORK the crossword puzzles in The National Enquirer on either the Kindle Fire or the Nook HD????
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Magazine forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions