Customer Discussions > Kindle Publishing forum

Where is my earnings balance?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2011 10:48:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 5:41:35 AM PST
Bulrush says:
I'm looking for all royalties earned, but not paid by Amazon, for my books on Amazon. I have no idea if I'm close to the $100 minimum to receive a check from Amazon or not. This info is not on my Amazon author page, nor on the Kindle Direct Publishing page.

(Amazon requires $100 in earnings before they will send you a check.)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 7:09:52 PM PST
I don't know what a "$100 minimum" is, but your royalties are reported in the "Reports" section of your KDP page. You can see sales for the current month, the last six weeks and download monthly reports in spreadsheet format. I also see my monthly sales in deposits to my bank account.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 5:38:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 5:41:06 AM PST
Bulrush says:
Amazon does not send authors a check unless they have a $100 balance or more in sales. So, I don't want to see my royalties for each month, I want to see my balance of royalties, to see how close I am to getting a $100 check. IIRC, the monthly statement only shows royalties for the current month, not for previous months. That means I would have to download all monthly spreadsheets, and add them together manually, then subtract any checks I have received from Amazon, to get what I want.

I was an accounting minor, and am a computer programmer. This is a very simple accounting and computer programming task. Why doesn't Amazon do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 4:12:17 AM PDT
I am looking for the same info too and I can't find it. It appears amazon don't aggregate "outstanding royalties todate." But they should. It is common sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 12:55:22 PM PDT
lisa says:
this is crazy...I have no idea how many books I have sold..i have to scroll through 3 different tabs, 6 different countries or so...this is absurd..Why can't they just have a summary page where it lists what books sold and how many and Pending or tentative earnings...that's all I need.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 2:50:45 PM PDT
Perhaps you could provide us with a program to do this then. I for one would be very gratefull

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2013 10:45:43 AM PDT
i am trying to find out how much i receive in rental kdp do not know hw to ue excel.. why cannot they put it o the reports page? thank you.. jacqueline wlson

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 8:03:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2013 8:04:19 AM PDT
Notjohn says:
You can get a free Xcel reader from the Microsoft site, and Open Office will also open Excel files.

You can see the "borrows" in your month-to-date report, fourth column. Figure that each one is worth about two dollars.

-- NJ

Notjohn's Guide to Kindle Publishing: Ten Steps To Selling Your E-Book on Amazon (Or Anywhere Else)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Publishing forum (580 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Publishing forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions