Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Payment Plans

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2012 9:09:11 AM PDT
Have you ever thought about a payment plan like QVC and HSN has. I think then you'd really become more competitive if customers have the option of paying over 3 or 5 months. Sometimes their things we'd like to purchase, don't have the money all at once. Payment options would really be nice.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:10:15 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
No, I can't say I've thought of that. I prefer my customers to pay all at once.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:11:40 AM PDT
You are not talking to Amazon here - just other customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:12:12 AM PDT
 Ann says:
Pauline - This is a Kindle customer forum. If you want to send your feedback to Amazon, click the "Help" link at the top of the page, then press the "Contact Us" button.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:14:10 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
a credit card is kinda like a payment plan - you don't have to pay it all at once and like the QVC/HSN plans, it is just a little more expensive than paying the whole thing at once

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:14:10 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
That could become a nightmare for Amazon. There are too many dishonest people out there. I wouldn't mind it myself since I do use QVC for higher priced items since I live on a fixed income. Can't see Amazon offering this though. That is what the credit card is for. Of course I don't have one :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:15:21 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
It is the same price through QVC if you pay it all at once or take the payments.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:16:35 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
thank you - I did not know that - my subscription that allows for three payments is a bit more than if I paid the entire amount

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:19:23 AM PDT
Bixillarla says:
It would be a nightmare for Amazon to do this. They are a huge company with international customers. It would be a nightmare trying to do payment plans for all the countries with all the various regulations and such.

QVC & HSN as far as I know are US only companies.

Just use a credit card and you can make payments on it like it was a payment plan, it is the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:21:15 AM PDT
R. Nelson says:
Pauline - You could setup your own by buying a gift card each month for what you can afford, once saved up enough then purchase the item. You have put away the money by purchasing an Amazon gift card, of course you don't get the pleasure of the item now. But when you get it, its paid for.

I'm sure Amazon feels they give you that option by offering the two credit cards that are branded for them. But I would go for the purchasing gift cards route.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:23:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012 5:19:34 AM PDT
JC says:
This would be my suggestion too. When I want a new toy, I set aside a little each week into a special savings account and when I have enough, I transfer it out and buy what I want. As R. Nelson says, no instant gratification but it's bought and paid for without paying more and without the risk of debt.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:54:05 AM PDT
thanks Ann

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 10:23:29 AM PDT
Pauline, yes you can. Simply purchase Amazon gift cards and do NOT register any of them until you have enough to buy what you want. Once you enter the redemption code, Amazon will use the GC's first on any order you place.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 6:51:05 AM PDT
QVC does not carry the Kindle, but take the Ipads for instance; the payments are broken down in 3-5 payments, and there are finance charges, and it's not a layaway. You make your first payment and the item is sent to you, but you must have a debit or credit card. Payment continues each month until it's finished.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 7:34:04 AM PDT
Yes, but they charge more for the iPad to begin with. Why break up payments and end up paying more than purchasing it directly from Apple or a local retailer?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 7:36:58 AM PDT
Dog Lover says:
I kinda laughed at the concept that Amazon could become "more" competitive. Amazon is the elephant in the room for the sales avenue of virtually any product.

DL

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 7:46:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 7:47:55 AM PDT
I'm just curious what HVC and all do when deadbeats default? A friend was buying a computer on monthly payments, 36 months, and I showed her that if the made the monthly payment into a savings account for 11 months she could buy the computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 7:51:14 AM PDT
I know. I just love all these "experts" who know so much better than JB how to run a multi-billion dollar business...........

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 8:14:30 AM PDT
I know. I am sure that Amazon is busting records to become K-Mart.

My theory is that if I can't pay for it, I don't need it, unless it is a matter of health or transportation.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 8:18:19 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
"Payment options would really be nice."

Many of the Rent-to-Own stores have electronics now - such as computers, game consoles, tablets, and I've seen a few e-readers in some of their ads..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:16:33 AM PDT
Sarida says:
This is going to sound snotty, and I don't mean for it to. Please know I'm just trying to be helpful.

Why not take the money you would set aside each month for the payment plan and put it away? Then in a few months you would have enough saved to purchase what you want to purchase. After saving for years, my husband got to buy his dream car this summer. Walking in the dealership and paying cash was WONDERFUL! No debt! It is wonderful not having that monthly payment hanging around our necks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:43:30 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
I redid my kitchen floor by using money we got from returning soda cans (took 4 years)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:54:18 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
There are no finance charges. They take the total and break them down into even payments. I have used them for years.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:55:15 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
That is where you look for specials. When I got my Toshiba Thrive last year the sale price was right around Amazon's price.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:57:11 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Are you kidding!!!11! That is the American way...get it now and pay for it for years :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions