Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

New Kindle - Barnes&Noble Gift Cards

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2009 9:35:44 PM PST
D. E. Miller says:
Today I received a new Kindle DX for Christmas and over $100 in Barnes and Noble Gift cards. How do I buy books with the gift cards and get them loaded onto the Kindle? Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2009 9:38:32 PM PST
Soapy70 says:
You can not use Barnes & Noble gift cards for the Kindle. You can use Amazon gift cards for the Kindle. Barnes & Noble gift cards can only be used at Barnes & Noble.

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 9:39:06 PM PST
You don't. B&N gift cards won't work on Amazon--you need to use them over there. And B&N ebooks will bnot work on the Kindle, and vice versa.

Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2009 9:45:24 PM PST
D. E. Miller says:
I can't buy and download books from B&N onto my PC and upload them to my Kindle?

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 9:48:48 PM PST
convert them with the program calibre

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2009 9:48:58 PM PST
Soapy70 says:
No. Each has their own DRM therefore they can only be read on their respective readers. Kindle books can only be read on Kindles, Kindle for pc, iphones & ipod touch(using the kindle app.). Kindle for Mac, blackberry, etc. are apparently in the works. -Barnes and Noble books can only be read on a nook or their ereader apps.

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 9:49:59 PM PST
C. Flanders says:
Nope

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 9:55:57 PM PST
D. E. Miller says:
Thanks!

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 10:08:14 PM PST
S. Dunham says:
You can download the free B&N reader for your computer and buy books for that. But you can't load those books onto your Kindle.

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 10:20:11 PM PST
Blue Goddess says:
Remember, just because you have a kindle doesn't mean you have to give up physical books. I still have many series that I have been buying over the years that I still buy in hardback. It's not an either or situation. You can always hold on to the gift cards for those books you want in physical form. In the alternative, there is a gift card swap site out there somewhere....oh, actually a few. I don't want to post the links here as I'm not sure it's ok to....just google gift card swap and you will get a few sites. Possibly someone out there has Amazon certs and would like to have B&N instead!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2009 10:39:58 PM PST
D. E. Miller says:
Thanks Blue Goddess. I will use the Barnes and Noble cards for physical books that I want. They certainly won't go to waste!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions