Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

can I share my kindle books with my wife's kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 23, 2010 7:05:24 PM PDT
Rollo says:
I have a kindle 1 and would like to share books with my wife's kindle 2. How?

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 7:06:17 PM PDT
If you have both kindles registered to the same account, you can share books. :)

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 7:10:02 PM PDT
Do you have the same amazon account?

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 7:15:00 PM PDT
TiggerNPooh says:
If its not registered to the same acct you cannot right this moment, but you can "de-register" from one acct and then re-register with the other acct. You can also call customer service and they will be able to help you with this if needed. Sign on to your current amazon acct with that kindle. and use the Manage my kindle links.

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 7:15:47 PM PDT
Or....you can unregister hers....reregister to yours.....get the books she wants....and then she can reregister to her account. And this can be done direct on her kindle. Easiest way if you both already have separate accounts with books on them, this way you don't have to abandon the books on one of the accounts. Of course she, or you, could just switch to one account.

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 9:54:12 PM PDT
G. Scott says:
Or, if you dont want to take a chance of losing the books bought on one of those accounts, just trade Kindles every once in a while so you can read something from hers or she can read yours.

I do think its worth having them on one account, unless you both have big libraries already...my sons and I have three kindles on one account, so I can share books with them.

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 11:39:49 PM PDT
V. Strickler says:
I have a related question. I already have a K2i with about 966 ebooks on it. I just purchased a K2i for my hubby on the same account. When he receives his K2i in a few days will all of my ebooks be automatically downloaded onto his K2i? I think so, but I'm not sure.

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 11:54:34 PM PDT
sharing an account is great so you don't double buy. Sharing an account is a problem if you don't want anyone to know your library.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2010 11:56:37 PM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
They won't be downloaded, but will show in his "Archived Items". He can download them from there one by one, or speed the process up a bit by doing it from "Manage Your Kindle" page.

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 11:39:22 AM PDT
V. Strickler says:
Thanks very much, Mr. Raos. I think I'll go on "Archived Items" from the Manage Your Kindle" page and DL a few ebooks he ordered on my K2i to his K2i while waiting for it to show up here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 11 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Amazon Echo 843 2 minutes ago
Fire HDX 7 Update - 4.1.1 1370 2 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage light sensor location? 0 2 minutes ago
Amazon Instant Video does not open on kid's profile 0 2 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 5464 4 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat - Friday December 26, 2014 26 7 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 2648 9 minutes ago
Qvc kindle 9 10 minutes ago
kindle won't connect with wi-fi 170 10 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 23, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions