Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Illustrations

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2009 1:27:42 AM PDT
C. D. says:
I am new to the Kindle family. I was just looking at a free book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, and I was unable to access any illustrations. Is this because there are not included in the free book, or any they not included in any book, or am I suppose to do something in particular to see them?
Thanks for any help!

Posted on Sep 5, 2009 2:23:47 AM PDT
I'm sure it varies by book. I have books with illustrations in them.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 11:53:27 AM PDT
Dante says:
I know how frustrating this is. One of the problems with Ebooks is that the Publishers are not including the illustrations that originally appeared in the paper books (DTB's). This will change in time as Publishers finally realise that DTB's are not going away and that Ebook readers do not deserve to be treated like second class citizens.
Hope that helps.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 12:13:10 PM PDT
For me, Tale of Peter Rabbit has to look exactly like this

http://wiredforbooks.org/kids/beatrix/p3.htm

Not only are the color illustrations essential to the story but so is the page layout. So I read it on my laptop.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 1:20:53 PM PDT
C. D. says:
Exactly! Thus I am not even sure why even have Potter's books in Kindle, if they do not have the illustrations!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 2:46:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2009 2:53:54 PM PDT
lesley9 says:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?do=getall&order=asc&sort=ebook<r=P&page=10

Look at this link for an illustrated Tale of Peter
Rabbit

You want the .prc to view on the Kindle. Find it via Whispernet and download direct to Kindle. Or add to your PC drive and transfer it to your Kindle manually via USB cord.

I know I've found color versions of many of Potter's Rabbit stories on line. They view exactly the same on Kindle but, of course, in greyscale.

Try the other Potter books from this same site. They seem to be converted .html from Guttenburg but indicate they should include the illustrations as well.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 3:00:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2009 3:04:54 PM PDT
Pamela says:
I must have done something wrong. That link takes me to a list of books, quite long, that don't appear to have anything to do with Peter Rabbit. I tried twice????

Here it is

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13834

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 3:14:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2009 3:15:48 PM PDT
lesley9 says:
Then go to the top of the page where it shows the alphabet and choose "P" and jump ahead using the top right numbers until you get to Potter in the listings.

There are many .prc listings for the various Peter Rabbit stories. The one for Tale of Peter Rabbit will show "illustrated" in its title. But open up other .prc stories and the person who posted the eBook describes the book as from .html Guttenberg and says it should have the illustrations as well.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 3:35:42 PM PDT
Pamela says:
Right, the link I posted takes you right to the book. I found it after searching.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 5:30:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2009 5:33:35 PM PDT
lesley9 says:
Thanks Pamela!

While this topic is on illustrations, here is a free Washington Irving book called "Old Christmas" which is about the holiday and its tradtitions with over 100 great illustrations. Good book for family sharing cause the little ones should really enjoy the pictures which are so plentiful. Very easy reading given the old age of the edition - late 1800's.

www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33910
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
60 6 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
RAOK 82 has a spring in its step! 1835 2 minutes ago
We're So Quirky, Our Chihuahuas Ride Bicycles! So Geese and Tally Ho! 8373 3 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 8249 8 minutes ago
My kindle won't turn on 2299 15 minutes ago
Why start a series in the middle!?!?!?! 55 17 minutes ago
How do I transfer books from my old kindle to my new kindle? 7 25 minutes ago
Amazon acct lost all my books - and not synching with my kindle 38 27 minutes ago
Can't Find the book I bought 3 32 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 6155 38 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 6, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions