Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Song in Kindle commercial?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2009 5:45:35 AM PST
Becky says:
I saw an ad for the Kindle on CBS (in the US) last night, and am trying to find the artist and name of the song used... it's adorable! I didn't catch all the lyrics (I do remember "you're my favorite one-man band"), but it's a woman singing, a kind-of quirky folksy style -- something that sounds like it would be in a Target advert, or on Grey's Anatomy.

Anyone seen the advert? Anyone know the song?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2009 5:58:38 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 24, 2011 1:05:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2009 6:09:16 AM PST
lesley9 says:
Sorry I haven't seen the ad.

I do know that sometimes songs are created for specific purposes and aren't available otherwise, eg some songs you can't have unless you want the soundtrack from the movie the song was created for. And not all movies release soundtracks for purchase (you'd have to buy a copy of the movie to hear the song again).

Could be this Kindle song was commissioned for this single purpose and isn't a cover of what was already an existing song title.

FYI, I tried to find this ad on YouTube but couldn't....

Posted on Nov 1, 2009 6:12:28 AM PST
Both links worked for me. Thanks for sharing. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2009 6:13:09 AM PST
lesley9 says:
I posted too soon!!!!

Thanks Patricia. I watched the ad. Cute but I can't see why it would cause me to buy an eReader, let alone specifically a Kindle though...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2009 6:28:29 AM PST
Becky says:
Thanks Patricia! What an adorable song... too bad it's not a single!

Posted on Nov 1, 2009 8:18:11 AM PST
I saw the ad this morning and it was very cute...yes cute, I like it. Many times ads are not designed to "talk" you into buying something but instead to raise awareness, maybe go look it up on the website. I thought the ad's attitude was youthful, fun and carefree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2009 11:37:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2009 11:47:51 AM PST
lesley9 says:
I'm watching CNN, the Amanpour Sunday talk show at 11:27am PST and they just showed this ad!!!!! It looks like the DX model.

CBS and now CNN. Amazon is certainly targeting the mainstream channels.

Seeing the ad on my TV rather than just on YouTube makes the ad come across more impressively. It really stands out as creative when most ads are boring, hit you over the head types. You want to watch the Kindle ad because it is lighthearted and entertaining. Definitely brings out your point Joan...

EDIT: same show, now 11:43 am PST...they showed the ad yet again.

Posted on Nov 1, 2009 11:52:28 AM PST
Thanks for the links! The song was cute and catchy, but I was even more impressed with the video. The fact that they shot over 300 stills and then linked them together was cool. It takes a creative mind and a lot of technical skills to pull something like that off.

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 5:50:18 AM PST
brooklyngrll says:
The song in this commercial sounds a lot like "The Show" by Lenka.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2009 6:06:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2009 6:07:01 AM PST
You can also get the song from Amazon for free:

Fly Me Away

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 2:18:34 PM PST
barb says:
I guess I am the only one who hates the song, and the commercial, lol! I DO love my Kindle though.

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 3:28:02 PM PST
Hey, barb, I'm with you! I don't hate it exactly, but I just don't GET it! I love my Kindle, too.

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 5:01:30 PM PST
Patrizia says:
barb I am with you. that commerical is horrible and the song is annoying , to me anyway.. love the Kindle but it would not entice me to buy it.. it tells me nothing about the product and the clip art is just weird

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 5:19:16 AM PST
TLC says:
Thank you, I love this song, it stays stuck in my head.

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 12:19:58 PM PST
N. Benton says:
There is an entire song, you can download the mp3 for free. Search "Fly Me Away" on amazon.

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 1:49:12 PM PST
Amberle says:
I also don't like the commercial or the song. I really don't get how anyone would think it's a good commercial. It doesn't sell what it's supposed to sell. If I didn't already have a Kindle, this commercial certainly would never convince me to buy one. It's too hard to tell that it's supposed to be about the Kindle.

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 8:42:27 PM PST
I found the ad very effective. Soon as I saw it, I rushed out and got a cute blonde 'n a bunny :)

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 8:59:04 PM PST
Lulu says:
I think the commercial is darling. As someone mentioned earlier in this post, it is not going to make you buy a Kindle, but rather will increase awareness! I think it is very creative, catchy, and the girl is darling. I can't understand why or how anyone could "hate" it!

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 9:21:33 PM PST
Well, Doctor,
My aversion to rabbits dates back to the Jimmy Steward move "Harvey" . . .

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 3:39:52 PM PST
Lulu says:
My maiden name was Harvey and I was called "the rabbit" a lot - perhaps that is why I do love the commercial!

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 4:26:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 4:26:57 PM PST
foxtail_too says:
The song sticks in my head like a toothache!

And, as I have previously posted, I don't like the ad at all. When you finally figure out that it's for Kindle (on the last screen, I think), the Kindle pictured has bunny ears and vanishes like smoke.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 4:33:30 PM PST
Sam Hendrix says:
I really enjoyed seeing the Kindle commercial. The song is fun and does stick in your mind. The stop motion photography shows a lot of imagination and shows how reading on the kindle can let your mind imagine all sorts of things. I downloaded the song from Amazon so I could play it on my computer. I give the commercial a big two thumbs up!

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 7:32:47 PM PST
Just A Thot says:
Barb,

I also loathe the "song" and the commercial. It's a very good product and the commercial doesn't do it justice. It just makes me cringe. Well, sometimes it also makes me leave the room.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 8:17:00 PM PST
ceemee says:
It's creative with a catchy tune...I like it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions