Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

What does location mean?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2010 11:05:38 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2010 11:19:02 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:13:37 AM PST
a "location" is a small chunk of the book, about 125 letters or so, and Kindle uses this to keep track of where you are rather than pages. The number at the bottom right is the total number of locations in the book. the percentage number is how far along you are in the book, for example, 15% of 8700 locations.
(you might try searching "customer discussions" before posting, and be sure to read the manual!

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:15:11 AM PST
Donna says:
thank you I am an old lady and this is all new to me

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:17:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2010 11:17:57 AM PST
Donna,
You have started 3 threads with the same question. You might want to just ask the question once and then wait for assistance on that thread.

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/forum/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx3B4LBSN25VLMH&displayType=tagsDetail

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:18:18 AM PST
Donna says:
sorry

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 11:19:55 AM PST
No problem, just didn't know if you realized that you only need one thread for a question and then everyone will go to that thread to help.
Hope you got the answers you needed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 11:21:59 AM PST
Norwenna says:
Donna, you'll soon find that when you post a question you will get an answer very quickly (at least in the daytime, maybe even at night, since there are a lot of people reading these forums around the world). We're not Amazon employees, we're other customers who at any given moment are not busy doing other tasks, so we check the boards to see if there are any interesting discussions or requests for help.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:22:41 AM PST
Donna says:
I did, I am trying to understand this and I wasn't sure how it all worked. Everyone is so helpful....hope you all have a great day.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:24:39 AM PST
Gracie says:
Donna, I don't know how old you are, but there are lots of us old ladies that now have Kindles. I prefer to think of myself as a rockin' grandma!

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:26:05 AM PST
Donna says:
I am a grandma for sure...rockin' sounds pretty good to me!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 11:27:52 AM PST
Norwenna says:
Donna, here's another trick that improves communication: when you are answering someone else's post, click on "Reply to this post" so everyone knows whom you're answering. (We click on "In reply to an earlier post" and it shows us the earlier post that you are answering.)
By the way, lots of us are old, so don't be intimidated by the technology. We've probably had our kindles longer than you've had yours, so that's how we know some things about it. I'm 65, and I know there are people older than that on these boards.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and $79 Kindle
0 14 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
changing a pen name back to real name 0 1 minute ago
amazon Echo 896 3 minutes ago
library book expiration 100 4 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage - Documented Issues 184 4 minutes ago
My Kindle won't charge 405 5 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 4131 5 minutes ago
Android Kindle app won't sync 12 6 minutes ago
Kindle with an Attitude: 19 8 minutes ago
Can you read a Kindle Fire outside? 16 9 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions