Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle app on android tablet

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2011 4:13:36 PM PDT
dixcee says:
I have an Android tablet with a Kindle app on it. I live in a facility which has a computer room. I would like to buy some kindle books. Are the books sent to my email and if so I could access them on my kindle.
(I use the computers in the computer room during the day but I would like to read a book at night.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 4:18:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2012 11:23:04 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 4:34:38 PM PDT
dixcee says:
I am disabled.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 11:35:14 PM PDT
You can use the computers to purchase the books (via the Amazon web site) and send them direct to the Android tablet (assuming it has WiFi access) or download them to your SD card (if that is how you add content to it).

If you have wifi on the tablet, though, you could just buy the books directly from it (as I do on my phone, from time to time).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 10:22:45 AM PDT
dixcee says:
thank u Greg:)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 10:22:56 AM PDT
 nospin  says:
1) Log into your Amazon account.
2) Go to Kindle Store page.
3) Click on Cloud Reader (accessed through clicking link on white bar at top of screen between buy kindle and kindle books)
4) Read all of your Amazon purchases without any need to download.
5) Later at night, you can use sync via the android app to get your device to the furthest page read. Mostly it works although I have had one or two issues but they could have been my fault.
Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 10:23:33 AM PDT
dixcee says:
Thank u, Books on the Knob:)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 10:25:38 AM PDT
dixcee says:
Thank u, Nospin:)

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 7:17:02 PM PST
zap11b says:
If I buy a etextbook that is available on a kindle, can I download it and still use it on a table running on an android OS?

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 8:23:54 PM PST
MamaSylvia says:
Only if you buy the Kindle format of the textbook. I haven't heard of any Android tablets that couldn't run the Kindle app, but the app is free and then you could "buy" and download a free ebook to see what it would look like on your tablet.

If you purchased the textbook in paper format, that would most likely not give you any capability to read it on the Kindle - a few paper books come with the book in e-format as well, but they are few and far between.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 7:14:18 AM PST
zap11b says:
Thank you MamaSylvia! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 12:33:36 PM PST
dixcee says:
I have found that for some reason 4 of the books I ordered are now on my smart phone and not my tablet where the Kindle and other books are. How do I transfer from my phone to my tablet? I cant read them on my phone as screen is too small for me. Once enlarging print I am only able to read about one paragraph at a time Of course, knowing my luck, the 4 most expensive books are on my phone:(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 12:40:35 PM PST
MamaSylvia says:
Dixcee, you don't "transfer" books from one device to another. Each download is coded to only be read on the device it is directed to. But you can certainly remove the books from the device you won't be reading them on and then download them to the device where you do want them. Assuming you have the Kindle app installed on your tablet and registered to your Amazon account, the easiest way I've found to get them to the right device is to start the Kindle app on the device, go to Archive, find the book(s) you want (and the Android "search" button works for this), and then touch to download. You can do it from the MYK page but I don't find that as easy for some reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 1:05:25 PM PST
dixcee says:
OK, thank u so much MamaSylvia!! I was afraid I would have to buy them again. Which wasnt possible

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 10:11:31 AM PST
I have the Kindle app on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. It is running Android Honeycomb OS. With the latest update, the app has become unstable and will only launch, if it is the first application that I launch when I turn it on. Any suggestions? I have alrelady reinstalled the app from the app store.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 12:33:25 PM PST
I have a Samsung tablet with the Kindle app through Amazon. I am a novice. Can I send or share books I have read to a friend that has the same tablet and app that I have?

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 12:50:22 PM PST
Question: Can I share with a friend, a book I am reading if we both have Android tablets with the Kindle app.?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 1:03:27 PM PST
 nospin  says:
Books that the publisher has enabled as lending may be loaned to another person ONE time only for a period of 14 days.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 1:05:37 PM PST
Thanks, Nospin. But if I bought the book through my Kindle app through Amazon, I own it. I am asking is there a way to literally send it via email to my friend?

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 5:57:36 PM PDT
Karen says:
I have a samsung tablet with kindle app. How do i archive books i have read? The last time i tried, it deleted the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 6:40:56 PM PDT
You can only send it if the publisher allows it. Not all books are lending enabled. You purchased a non-transferable license to read the book on your Kindle or apps, not a tangible object.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 7:02:41 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You own nothing. You purchased a license to read a book. So what Nospin stated is accurate.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 11:39:46 PM PDT
C. S. Jones says:
Even with a paper book you may own the paper but the content belongs to the rights holder. That is why you can't legally reproduce the content of a book without the consent of the owner of content.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 1:33:39 AM PDT
Denis Powell says:
Karen, the Kindle for Android app should show show all the Amazon books you own, or all the books you have downloaded to the tablet, depending on which view you have clicked on. When you delete an Amazon book from the device it should still appear in the list of all the books. That's the Amazon Archive.

On a Kindle device the Archive is only a list of the books not on the actual Kindle, but which are still in your Kindle library on the website. The app is the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 1:39:02 AM PDT
Denis Powell says:
Charlene, you'd be in the same situation with a paper book. You're not allowed to scan it and send it via email, or even photocopy it and pass it along unless you have the express permission of the copyright holder. As C S Jones says, you don't own the story but only the paper and ink. With paper books there's no physical mechanism to stop you doing it however but it's still illegal.

With ebooks the mechanism to prevent it does exist.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
LendingLibrary - How does this work? 1 2 seconds ago
How to remove that stupid letter telling me that my library book has expired? 91 3 seconds ago
putting thr Kindle on Whi Fi 8 34 seconds ago
Music player update/ rollback updates 3 5 minutes ago
How do I add ePub or Mobi books into my Kindle (online) Library 74 5 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 8084 11 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 1936 20 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 183 26 minutes ago
Connecting Fire Stick to Wifi 78 33 minutes ago
Amazon Fire 5th gen issues 17 35 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 5, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions