Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Unable to play video, sorry this video cannot be played

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 9:32:08 AM PST
I occasionally get this error message on my kindle fire hd when I try to watch videos on Youtube using the default browser. I can't seem to find a reason for this and the time it happens at appears to be random. Any help would be much appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:38:46 AM PST
The Android operating system no longer supports Flash. The videos you are having trouble with are likely Flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:56:20 PM PST
as far as I can see, the video I choose to watch has nothing to do with the message. The same video will work sometimes and not others but when the error starts it happens with every video I watch.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:10:33 PM PST
Adam says:
ive been having the same issue

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 6:27:11 AM PST
L. Francisco says:
yup me too. Watched a youtube music video last week and now get this message when trying to view it again. What's up with this?

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:09:43 PM PST
Same here

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:56:31 PM PST
Sounds like a YouTube issue. It sounds like they are changing something on the website that would cause the video to play one day, but not the next.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 2:06:02 PM PST
it happens on other sites too
if i watch a video on youtube and this message comes up it comes up on eg news sites or on bbc iplayer

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:16:30 PM PST
C. Sanabria says:
Oh thank goodness i'm not the only one! i'm so upset that we have yet another youtube problem when we just recently got out of another one! i also get the message "sorry this video cannot be played" and on videos that i have repetitively watched over the pass few days and weeks! whyy??? I really hope they get this fixed soon! //:

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:52:46 PM PST
C. lekwuwa says:
amazon fix this your the maker of the kindle!!!!! on youtube it says unable to play video

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:07:51 AM PST
Dakota says:
I am having the same issue and its not case of flash because it gives you a different message for that, but I mine is saying on every youtube video ... Sorry unable to play this. iIt's really annoying and needs to be fixed!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:28:56 AM PST
D Sanders says:
I contacted Kindle Support and they guided me through installation of the free YouTube app. It's a little cumbersome to use but it works, I can now view YouTube videos again

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:16:04 AM PST
KeeKee says:
this is terrible! the kindle support tech couldnt even help me with the problem OR recommend a youtube app.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:20:03 AM PST
That's because it's not Amazon's problem.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:51:08 AM PST
Yvonne Mc says:
also getting the same message, getting it on videos i have previously been able to watch and now getting it in any video but if theres an ad before the video the ad plays and then the message pops up

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:55:10 AM PST
FREEdi YouTube Downloader

TubeMate YouTube Downloader

FREEdi YouTube Player

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:39:26 PM PST
Spiderman says:
hey amazon FIX THIS CRAP

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:07:19 AM PST
john says:
you have to go download the youtube app its free though so its ok but the app kind of sucks but at least you get to watch youtube again :/

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:23:43 AM PST
mr.blah says:
go to www.goodereader.com, download then install their appstore, open up the appstore, go to essential apps on the store, download then install adobe flash 11, enjoy watching videos. I would also reccommend getting their youtube app in case your silk browser acts up and they have a lot of other apps on there that you cant get on the regular android app store that works good. I hope this post helps you

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 4:41:26 PM PST
S. Smith says:
same probes here!! researching film from last night now gettin same stupid mess on EVERy video!!! this is crap! not happy as we have two kindle fires! we use lots for video!! get it sorted Amazon!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:41:38 PM PST
I'm having the same problem and the video is not from youtubes site.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 5:26:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 6:01:52 PM PST
Dan says:
I am not sure if this will help but on my kindle fire hd I watch movies. If I get them from the Amazon site it says Flash Player Required; even if I get it from the Amazon App, same thing. However, if I select video at the top of my home page, it works fine. I do not have Adobe Flash but the Movies selected from the top play fine.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 12:26:37 AM PST
WebBull says:
same problem. very irritating. and it happens on other sites, not just youtube.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 6:42:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2013 6:58:49 AM PST
Dan says:
I think this will be repaired soon but try a full reset by powering off and on. You could also reset the device to factory default and start from scratch.
It is mute for me as I just sold my Kindle fire hd on Ebay and purchased a Nexus7 from Newegg.com. The hot set up would probably be a tablet with phone like Galaxy tab 4G but I am not into phones at all and the data plan costs are too much. Now I have a $10 a month add on basic phone to my sisters account and a separate $25 a month hot spot for mobility that I seldom use and will probably not renew. I have no tv but for unlimited data at home I have $30 a month Atlantic broadband (minimum plan still streams hd movies). I got the Nexus not only for a mobile pc but also so I could use usb wireless devices and a bluetooth android mouse so I can replace my desktop pc if it ever fails. If it frustrates me, I dump it. I had an ATT smart phone tethered to my laptop recently but it was expensive and frustrating so I dumped ATT and the smart phone which I do not regret at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:51:08 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 5, 2013 12:08:12 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 3 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 4672 10 seconds ago
Fire HDX 7 Update - 4.1.1 1249 2 minutes ago
Fire os android lollipop 2 3 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 1451 4 minutes ago
Transfer content from Paperwhite to Voyage 0 4 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Screen Rotation? 117 5 minutes ago
Can't deliver documents to Kindle with Windows 8 app 0 12 minutes ago
Transferring Kindle books to Calibre 22 12 minutes ago
Voyage auto-brightness threshold size too large 0 14 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions