Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Order White Paper Kindle 8/2/2013 and not yet shipped? WTF?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 153 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2013 8:46:00 PM PST
Kurt Vereker says:
Why would this be? Even paid priority??? Pretty disappointed... made the jump into ebooks only to pay for one and get nothing.......

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 8:50:52 PM PST
Mike says:
I doubt that you ordered it on August 2nd. Anyhow, we sure can't help you. Check with Amazon.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 8:53:23 PM PST
Dawn says:
I bet the poster means February 8th - European date

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 8:58:01 PM PST
JES says:
Check your amazon account. You will be able to track your package.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 9:15:30 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
You're outside the US, and you ask this question of a bunch of customers on the American forum. WTF yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 9:23:45 PM PST
I admit I'm not sympathetic to the tone of the OP, but the "amazon.com" forum is not just for Americans, you know. It's the default for everywhere that doesn't have an Amazon store. That's a LOT of the world, in case you didn't realise!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 9:24:22 PM PST
seedlady says:
the starbucks forum wouldn't answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 9:56:31 PM PST
The Artist says:
What was the date of delivery on your order summary page? Depending on where you are, even priority mail can take 10 days or more. I sent something to a friend in Au via priority, and it took working 7 days.

If the date of delivery has passed, click on the Help link at the top of the page, then click on the yellow Contact Us button so you can ask Amazon WFT is going on, not other customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 12:11:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 12:12:16 AM PST
Kurt Vereker says:
"are you coming to bed?"
"I can't, this is important"
"what?"
"Someone is wrong on the internet!"

FYI, the forums are used by Australia and the rest of the world thanks planet America.

And yes, the date pretty much everywhere else is formatted dd/mm/yyyy....

Didn't expect such a supportive tone.. but hey, it is the interweb - everyone is right or a champion....

Was hoping, like some companies do, that they have a super admin user type character lurching around who could offer some advice, or someone who has experienced the same situation....

Nothing terribly vexatious about my tone...yes I used WTF, why the face, but my reception into the Amazon forums is noteworthy all the same.

Appreciate people who offered constructive feedback. Cheers. I have checked the tracking, but just find it odd that even though its paid it hasn't been marked as shipped in now 10 days... yes I have ordered plenty of items before... so can't understand this one...

Have taken it up with Amazon and been waiting days for a response... its odd because many people haven't had issues with ordering the paper white from here... so something unusual must have happened.

Perhaps someone else may have experienced a similar situation....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 12:40:21 AM PST
Old Rocker says:
Have you contacted Amazon customer service?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 12:50:56 AM PST
Kurt, I'm in Australia too. I strongly recommend you use the "call me" option from customer service; they respond even during our daytime. Email contact is usually fairly slow - phone or chat are much better. I personally really like the "call me", because then all those Yank customers subsidise my phone call LOL

Given that the PW has just been released here, my guess would be that it's a supply issue - sudden high demand that the production in China (which is where a lot of ours come from direct) can't keep up with. But only Kindle CS will be able to give you definite info.

(There was one person on the Aussie thread saying that they had an item that still shows as being in the middle of America despite it having arrived here months ago, so sometimes the tracking system does break down. But 10 days is way past long enough to have *received* a kindle by now, usually, and you're saying it hasn't even been shipped.)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 12:55:54 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
if you purchased the non-3G version, I see this on the product page: Expected to ship in 2 to 3 weeks.

being that it's not yet at the end of the 3 week period, that could be why

btw, I'm terminally confused about mdy and dmy and which floor is the first floor having lived both in Erope (9-12 yo and currently) and the US

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 1:00:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 1:05:39 AM PST
Kurt Vereker says:
haha - thanks heaps, will give that "call me" a try!

Cheers CBP and no worries CBR, have similar issues with our programs at work using US format dating :/

See how this call function goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:26:29 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
Why would *customers* on a forum largely populated with those in the US know why his device hadn't reached him in Europe? With the 'tude attached.

I just get sick of people outside the US posting as if they are demanding/whining about something with belligerence directly to Amazon. Without even mentioning that they are outside the US. It's being deliberately obtuse with a 'tude.

Those who live outside the US and are long-time members of the forum, do not, and I'm sure never did, behave that way (well, with one notable exception, but we won't go there).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 2:41:39 PM PST
1) The OP is not *in* Europe. In fact, he's about as far away from Europe as it's possible to be!! If you're going to be snarky about what you think he should and shouldn't know, then at least get your own facts right!
2) How is a newbie to the forum (who may only have discovered there's a forum at all through a google search) supposed to know who's here and where they're from?
3) What relevance does where he might be living have to do with whether the item has SHIPPED (not arrived; shipped) yet or not?
4) I get sick of people inside the US demonstrating exactly the sense of entitlement that they complain of in others. You've done it twice in this thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 2:47:52 PM PST
Aren't you helpful? Bless your lil heart.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 2:50:44 PM PST
Tina says:
I hope you get your kindle soon. I would be upset too having to wait so long. Good Luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 5:43:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 5:44:42 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
*Sigh.*

When the OP first posted, I went to look at his profile. A country was not listed, but two books dealing with UK-specific interests were on his review or wish list. From that, and his German or Austrian-sounding name, I think it was reasonable at that point to believe he was in Europe or the UK. He stated LATER that he was in Australia. I don't really care whether you personally think it was a reasonable assumption or not.

The OP found a website and forum that did not have "au" as a suffix. He would have seen that. Australian websites end in au. British websites end in uk. German websites end in de. People know what an URL for a website set specifically within their country looks like.

What relevance to shipping? If a device is purchased through a non-US website - UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, etc. doesn't the site they ordered it from have the best information on the order status? If I ordered an item I know is shipped from Japan, but ordered it from Amazon in the US, would I not check with Amazon for status?

Entitlement? I don't think your definition is the same as mine. I asked for nothing. I expected nothing. I made a comment. A comment you don't like. Which has nothing to do with entitlement - mine, at least.

However, the OP, in his OP, came across as rather entitled.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:14:34 PM PST
You are not getting nothing. You will (presumably eventually) get your device. You just didn't get it TODAY. Life's like that, sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:44:23 PM PST
Yes, .au indicates an Australian website. But not all Australian sites have a .au suffix (as I, being an Australian, am aware, but you, being an American, may not be). There are three main reasons for that - 1) that you can't get a .com.au site unless you're a business with Australian business registration (there are plenty of small businesses that don't want to pay for that; it's not cheap); 2) very big businesses know that people will often search for .com sites rather than .com.au, so they may own both domains but frequently advertise the .com site as their main one; and 3) if the site is set up on an internationally-owned host, it's unlikely to have a .au suffix. Typical examples:
www.bigpond.com (ISP owned by the national phone carrier)
www.anz.com (one of the "Big 4" banks in the country)
www.australianopen.com (the Australian tennis Grand Slam)
www.asx.com (the stock exchange)
www.tourism.australia.com (a government-owned tourism site)

As far as the Europe assumption goes, you first mentioned Europe after the OP had said he's in Australia. I can understand you may have still been operating on your initial assumption (which I agree was not unreasonable, albeit probably far from a foregone conclusion - as someone had already pointed out, most of the rest of the world uses dd/mm/yyyy), but you obviously didn't absorb the info he gave along the way. And then you still reckoned it was unreasonable for him to ask on this forum because he was outside the US!

Your sense of entitlement came across about the Amazon site (and forums) itself - effectively, what you sounded as if you were saying was "American users claim these forums, and if you're not American, you don't belong here". In reality, anyone whose Amazon purchases default to the US site (and, of course, anyone who has their kindle registered to the US site) belongs here. And that *is* a fair chunk of the rest of the world, whether you like it or not.

And by the way, it includes Australia - there's no such thing as an Australian Amazon site. That's exactly why an Australian will ask US Amazon what's going on with their order.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:48:15 PM PST
Sheesh, exactly which part of "we aren't Amazon, U.S. or otherwise" is giving you so much trouble here?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:07:52 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
No, I did not *write* my post after the OP said he was in Australia, though it may have *posted* after he said it.

I totally knew he was not in the US because of the date he gave. *I* never indicated anything about believing he meant August, though another poster did. I understood the date quite well.

Sorry, hon, what I "sounded as if I was saying" according to you, does not bear all that much resemblance to what I actually said. I understand that you're trying your best for me to come off as The Great Ugly American Girl Doggy, but putting words and whole concepts into my mouth isn't going to cut it.

I never said anyone "doesn't belong here", however much you want me to have said it. I never said (or meant) that (frankly, LMAO at your OTT 'paraphrasing, gotta tell ya) "American users claim these forums" - hyperbole much?

The OP was entitled and rude. I gave him the response I felt he deserved based on what he said in his OP and you took it and ran with it, turning it into what you decided it was about.

Keep on truckin', bless your heart. I need justify nothing more to you or anyone reading this thread. Think what you will, twist my words all you like. Trumpet it to the fora at large. WTF ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:15:10 PM PST
What, you think customers never have the answers??? :-)

I know we aren't Amazon. Doesn't mean we might not have some ideas. In fact, I gave one - the PW was released here (in the shops) last week. Supply to Australia might be squeezed at the moment. Of course it's just a customer's theory, and not conclusive. But the OP isn't the only one to see if other customers might know what the problem is.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:20:05 PM PST
"Some ideas" and answers aren't necessarily the same thing, particularly as concerns a specific customer and a specific order placed from, you guessed it, a specific account.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:24:56 PM PST
"No, I did not *write* my post after the OP said he was in Australia, though it may have *posted* after he said it."

Oh come ON! His post saying Australia was at 12:10am PST. Your post saying Europe was at 7:26am PST. You might not have refreshed the page before posting, but don't try to tell me it was down to a simple crossover of timing.

And of course I'm not saying you actually *said* my paraphrases. I'm saying that's the summary of the tone that came across. I should have guessed that you wouldn't admit to the possibility that you may have sounded entitled, given that you haven't acknowledged any of the three clear errors that I've pointed out in what you've said.

But if you're not gracious enough to concede anything, then don't call me "hon". The tone of your replies is anything but that kind of affection.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  153
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions