Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire home screen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2012 5:41:30 PM PDT
Will the new Kindle Fire allow us to change our home screen?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:57:44 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
No

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 6:19:29 PM PDT
Darn, I love my Kindle Fire and I know I'll love my new one, but I wish we could put whatever we want on the opening screen!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 11:34:48 AM PST
J. Davis says:
amen
I guess you can unlock and change to android style....
but it would be nice if amazon did that for us

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:00:25 PM PST
ikr i hate that it wont let us change it. its so boring and dull

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:19:00 PM PST
How much time do you spend looking at the start screen?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:49:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 28, 2012 12:33:34 AM PST]

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 4:54:10 AM PDT
gramlosty says:
I lost all of my active scrabble game and contacts. How do I retreive them?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2013 6:17:03 AM PDT
Soulrider says:
gramlosty, you might want to start your own thread with your own title. This thread and all the other posts before yours were from last year. Starting a thread with your own title about YOUR actual problem is much more likely to get you some answers vs people seeing a thread with this thread's title of "Kindle Fire home screen". Just a thought.

Regarding your issue, if the game is not on your Kindle have you gone to games and tapped on CLOUD to try and find your game there. You need to make sure your wi-fi is turned on an connected to see what's on the cloud and redownload the game if it's there. If you purchased or got the game from Amazon then it should be listed on the CLOUD which is just Amazon's computer servers. You should always be able to redownload any games, etc that you got from Amazon even if you remove them from your Kindle. This ISN'T true for things you've put on your Kindle from other sources (off your computer, etc) but from Amazon those things should remain on the Cloud. I'd look there first. If you do find it on the CLOUD you just need to long press (tap and hold) on the game and a menu should come up with an option to download. Tap on that and it should download the game to your Kindle. Good luck.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions