Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Search in Cloud Reader

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 216 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2011 6:39:02 AM PDT
Chris G says:
Is there a way to search inside books using the web based Cloud Reader? I can search on my physical Kindle but this feature seems to be missing. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 10:40:08 AM PDT
 nospin  says:
Let us know if you find the answer. Wish I knew

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 9:25:21 PM PDT
Ali says:
I am looking for an answer for the same issue too.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 9:49:35 PM PDT
Toast Bunny says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 1:10:13 AM PST
Y. Chen says:
i too am looking for a solution.
this is so frustrating and detracts from the appeal of an otherwise superb product.

cheers

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:50:53 AM PST
Fud53 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 2:56:52 AM PST
Y. Chen says:
@ Fud53,

Hi, "I'm no rocket surgeon" either, but i DID contact customer support, and they said that "This feature is not yet available", and that they will "notify asap."

I'm afraid it's going to take a while...

i posted here in order to increase the volume of this thread, so that hopefully *somebody* will take heed :)

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:57:36 AM PST
Y. Chen says:
Hi All

Just contacted customer support, and they said that "This feature is not yet available."

fyi :)

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 7:45:26 AM PST
This is really frustrating from one company who claim is one best, shame on amazon

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 9:04:48 AM PST
Sure wish this feature existed. Let me guess, some lame copyright reason as to why we can't search for a keyword in a book we paid for?

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 4:46:27 PM PST
MK says:
This is really disappointing. I purchased a textbook and I assumed this feature would make it easier to find stuff...I guess not.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 5:10:41 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 10:54:54 AM PST
daveylight says:
I also share the overarching sentiment. I cannot believe the feature is not included.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 12:07:17 AM PST
Can one search with the kindle app for pc ? I use the search on my kindle often but have not used kindle reader app for pc much.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 2:07:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2012 2:12:04 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 2:13:05 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 8:11:51 AM PST
Jaiya says:
No they haven't added this feature. The teaser products should should be as uniform as possible across all installation platforms; this is they way of apple products....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 8:20:48 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 8:29:21 AM PST
Jaiya says:
I'm talking about strategy. Love Apple stock don't like the products or the rules. I mean that most of their process work across all installation bases equally. Yes this may mean iOS; tablet, Mac, touch, phone, but their concentration on the feature richness across all platforms is something that developers can stride for. As a side note, using an iPhone our tablet is sometimes infuriating; their products are so "user friendly" you don't need a manual...just an appointment at the Genius bar. That is more user friendly? Give me a beak.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 11:08:50 AM PDT
Fnarf says:
I can't believe that I can search my Kindle items on my PHONE but not on my computer. What a ridiculous waste of space Cloud Reader is.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 1:28:22 PM PDT
K. Hermann says:
Let it be known, far and wide, that the Amazon Cloud Reader will forever suck until it is able to search text within the books it presents.

Posted on May 3, 2012 10:53:40 PM PDT
Olme Anders says:
*bump* :), I also would like to have search in my cloud reader.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:58:38 PM PDT
James S says:
Yes, you can search with the Kindle app for PC. I hope they eventually include the feature in the Cloud Reader.

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:35:24 AM PDT
Agreed, please add search to cloud reader! Thanks!

Posted on May 24, 2012 8:49:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2012 8:50:27 AM PDT
N. says:
This is really surprising. Amazon's usually on the ball; I do most of my personal consumer business with Amazon in some way or another, and the lack of a Search feature won't put me off them, but it sure might to a casual consumer whose first foray into Amazon/Kindle products is using the Cloud reader.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9054 1 minute ago
download from calibre on computer to kindle fire 0 11 minutes ago
download from calibre on computer to kindle fire 0 12 minutes ago
Clear furthest page for personal docs 16 13 minutes ago
April Informal Poll--What are you reading? 206 34 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 8705 35 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 7957 36 minutes ago
Is The Old List Format Gone? 35 45 minutes ago
Latest update just bricked my Kindle PW - Amazon doesn't care 20 1 hour ago
Need help accessing ALL notes and highlights, Kindle Voyage. 4 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  148
Total posts:  216
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 28 customers

Search Customer Discussions