Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

change email name

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2012 9:53:21 AM PST
Debra Chase says:
How can I choose an email name? I don't like the underscore or numers.

Debra

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 9:58:36 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
You would probably need to check with your e-mail provider.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:31:18 AM PST
Carbonbased says:
Of course, since you posted this on the kindle forum, you mean the file-transfer addy provided by Amazon for your device. Just as a reminder, this is not for ordinary email communication, but to put documents on your device.

Try this: On the website, go to Manage Your Kindle--there is a link at the bottom of this page in the Let Us Help You column. Once there, go to Manage Your Devices (link on left side of page) and look for the device you want to change. There should be an 'edit' link next to the auto-provided addy. I have changed the addy for each of my previous devices but haven't been there for the 8.9 yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:34:06 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Go to http://amazon.com/myk then choose Personal Document settings. You will see the word "edit" to the right of each device you have. That's where you can edit the email address used to send documents to your kindle.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:00:40 AM PST
Carbonbased says:
Of course Pat is right. The page I directed you to does not have an edit option, just an asterisk noting the link to Pat's referenced page.

When you get to the right page, you might want to slide down to the authorized sending addy area. You can authorize single addresses or whole domains to send docs to your Kindle. Since you get charged for some of the transfers--15cents/MB for converted files, you don't want to have just everybody able to send you forwarded joke messages, etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions