Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Adobe Flash Player on Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 319 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2012 9:14:50 PM PST
Several sites say I need to install Adobe Flash Player on my new Kindle Fire... however; the default OS is "Mac OS X, Safari"... that's not right... what is the OS on the Kindle Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 9:23:40 PM PST
S. Prewitt says:
You don't need to install it, it's already on your Kindle Fire. You just need to turn it ON.
According to another thread: "You go to web, menu, settings. Then scroll down until you see enable flash. Set it to either on or on demand."

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 9:31:41 PM PST
I have the same problem. Suddenly, I lost the flash player capability. I have tried to turn on the flash in the menu, but it still won't work. I restarted it, too. Anyone know what else to do?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 10:20:47 PM PST
S. Prewitt says:
1. Ensure you have the latest software update, version 6.2.2.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_k6land_software2?nodeId=200790620

2. Try performing a hard reset on your Kindle Fire (again). "Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire."

3. If turning Flash ON doesn't work, try turning it OFF and then ON again.

4. Last resort, reset to factory defaults. Or contact Kindle Customer Service.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 10:38:05 AM PST
Thank you!!

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 9:30:36 AM PST
I have been trying to get Flash to work on my Kindal for days... to listen to XM. Thanks for the update. Why the HECK would the default on that be turned off? Thanks again.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:02:05 AM PST
C. Bruce says:
What does "go to web, menu, settings" even mean??? That is not clear at all. Ive installed flash repeatedly (or tried) >> no joy. I've looked through all the settings I can find ... nothing

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:06:45 AM PST
C. Bruce says:
Ok... with browser open click the menu Icon on the Bottom of the screen (not top 'cog' icon as I was doing) and the Flash settings are right there; check to enable

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:30:36 PM PST
Thanks so much. I am glad that "flash" is installed. I turned it on, and it worked great!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 7:25:11 AM PDT
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 3:04:24 PM PDT
Lori says:
Thanks! This worked for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 10:15:50 AM PDT
worked for me...thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 11:05:31 AM PDT
ornurse says:
This totally solved my problem. I can now watch live cam's and all video. Thank you thank you

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 3:48:58 PM PDT
Bill says:
Very helpful thanks

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 5:44:47 PM PDT
Thank u

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 6:30:37 AM PDT
DaBronxGirl says:
Thanks for the help with flash

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 11:59:05 AM PDT
... Bruce, don't feel bad. I'm stumped still and I appreciate other peoples feedback. My OS won't even let me open file after downloaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 1:28:55 PM PDT
momma birdy says:
bruce go to web upper right corner then the menu tab (bottom of screen looks like a washboard) then under that the settings tab bottom right corner... scroll down til you find enable flash and TURN IT ON......
you don't have to INSTAL FLASH IT"S ALREADY THERE you just gotta turn it ON

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 9:19:58 PM PDT
S. wiesner says:
Thank you so much

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 11:37:27 AM PDT
Thank you! Now maybe I can read the census document on my Ancestry.com!

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 8:42:28 PM PDT
vbbb says:
Every time I download a flash player after it downloaded it says cannot open file, can somebody please tell me what to do.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 2:25:48 AM PDT
I am trying to watch Tv shows off of tv-links.Eu I turned on my flash player but they still aren't working.... is this website just not compatable? Is there an easier website to use to stream Tv/videos other than hulu and you tube? Thank you for all the help.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 2:47:31 AM PDT
@vbbb: The solution is in previous posts, but here it is again: Flash is already installed on your Fire, but it is turned off by default. With the Amazon Silk web browser open, tap the menu icon at the bottom of the screen, then tap Settings. Tap the arrow next to Enable Flash and select your preferred behavior: "Always on," "On demand," or "Off."

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 9:31:09 PM PDT
Dawn Rarick says:
Even with my Flash on, I still cannot watch videos, or run shows from abc and cbs.
Help. I don't have a computer anymore, and I'm missing my shows....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012 9:18:10 PM PDT
Carol Porter says:
You are my hero! I knew it was preinstalled but I didn't know where /how to find it! THANK YOU!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  163
Total posts:  319
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 70 customers

Search Customer Discussions