Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

appstore does not load fire hd 8.9

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 5:35:04 AM PST
replacement fire has same problem with appstore not working....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:07:33 AM PST
S. Prewitt says:
Sara,
I suggest you reboot as follows: 1) Hold down the power button for 20 seconds (not less; ignore the Do you want to shut down message), then 2) Press power button to restart. Your Kindle will reboot, and the problem will probably be fixed.
Note: Even if doing this doesn't fix the problem, it won't do any harm, so don't be afraid to try it.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:29:38 AM PST
Cygnus X-1 says:
Checked the time and did the reboot, still nothing in my appstore showing up. No matter what I pick, New Releases, Top Free, All Categories, etc, nothing shows up, just blank below the top words. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:42:57 AM PST
S. Prewitt says:
Cygnus X-1,
I just checked mine and it works fine. I don't know what else to suggest. If nobody else has a suggestion, you can contact Kindle Customer Service by tapping Apps (on the home screen), then tapping on the Help & Feedback icon, and then tapping on Customer Service.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:06:49 AM PST
Cygnus X-1 says:
Thanks S. Prewitt, I sent an e-mail through that. We'll see what they say. I suspect they will say it's a connection issue, but I am connected to my wifi with good signal. I also cannot search for apps, it just hangs with the little circle (working on it) running indefinitely. Again sounds like a connection issue, but I'm connected with good strength.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions