Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Rating books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2012 7:44:02 PM PST
Is there any way to let us know what we are buying, instead of getting it and deleting it because of content you didn't want?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:44:58 PM PST
Peep Dittie says:
You mean like a way for Amazon to know what you want even when you don't know what you want?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:49:42 PM PST
The Artist says:
You can download a sample before purchasing the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:56:15 PM PST
Loz says:
If you didn't want it, why did you buy it?

But Blaiz is right - you can download free samples before purchasing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:59:05 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
(KINDLE FORUM PRO)
You can read the description on the product page, you can read the reviews (if any), and you can read a sample. If you still end up with a book you don't want, you can return it within 7 days.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 8:55:59 PM PST
Charles, there really isn't any sort of book rating system in place. If Amazon were to require all books be pre-reviewed and rated, they would have to pass the cost on to the consumer.

Also, and this has been discussed in depth before on these forums, is that what one person likes will be completely different from anyone else, i.e. a "book rater."

The best thing to do, if not completely certain about a book, is to check the review on Amazon and Goodreads and other websites devoted to reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:12:28 PM PST
Sue says:
Goodreads is a great place to find reviews but one thing you have to realize is these are personal opinions. Even if you read all the reviews and most of them are good, it still comes down to what you like.

The best thing is doing research. You can also go to the author's Amazon page and read what they have there. You can also go to the author's web page and see if it looks interesting to you.

Another option is if you have Prime, see if the author has some of their books on KOLL.

Buying a book on Amazon is no different that buying a book anywhere else. You take a chance that the book is one that you like. I have been very lucky in that I have purchased only one audiobook that I totaly hated.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd88efc40)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions