Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

child ordered 7 movies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 289 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2012 3:33:10 PM PDT
Any chance I can return the 7 Barbie movies my daughter ordered while sick in bed?

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 3:37:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 16, 2012 3:37:57 PM PDT
Fud53 says:
Your daughter did this? Without your permission? There are two things you should do(and should have done before posting it here): 1)call amazon and ask them 2)try being a parent and teaching your kids right from wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 3:46:33 PM PDT
fud that is harsh, did you ask the age of the child? she probably had no clue it was a problem. But yes call cs and tell them about your child and ask, they might say yes, how long ago did she order them? and dis allow one touch ordering while she has your fire

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 3:49:59 PM PDT
Jaxgirl says:
It is obvious that Fud's parents never taught him anything right.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 3:51:39 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Ignore Fud.

Like Book Lover said, contact CS -- click on Help at the top of the page and find the Contact Us button.
Also, ask how to lock the Fire so she can't one-click.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 3:51:47 PM PDT
yeah, mean maybe no kids? if it is barbie movies must be a small child

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 4:43:08 PM PDT
there are also several threads here that tell you how to install a parental controll app which will prevent your child from being able to make purchases on your fire. sorry i dont know which thread (or what the app name is), i dont have a fire or a kid so did not pay too much attention at the time but i remember when it finally came out since there had been so much discussion about the fire not having any controls and people having this kind of issue. if you type "parental control" into the Search Customer Discussion box i am sure you will find it. that should prevent the situation from happening again. and, as others have said try calling kindle support and discuss the situation. if it did not happen too long ago you MIGHT have some success getting a refund but dont count on it. in some cases they have not control and "returning" movies becomes one of those touchy situations since you could have watched them and.... well you know...
Best of luck and i hope you can find the apropriate app. sorry i did not know the name or location...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 4:46:45 PM PDT
 nospin  says:
Kids Place - With Child Lock

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 4:56:32 PM PDT
Going forward, you might want to set up the Parental Controls so that a purchase requires a password. See http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_k6land_password?nodeId=200729250#password

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 5:53:32 PM PDT
I have now set up blocks on purchases not made by me. I will try to call cs. After reading the amazon
purchase contract I don't think I'll have much luck with a refund but can't hurt to try! Fud- 7 movies ordered by a four yr old in a matter of an hour while my other two children were sick. I thought she was watching the movie I put on for her. Thanks tor judging. Everyone else- thanks for your help!

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 5:55:23 PM PDT
Beth, it won't hurt to contact CS. Maybe they will surprise you. The worst they can do is say "no."

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 6:38:38 PM PDT
I thought I understood your problem from your initial post where you said that your daughter ordered 7 movies while she was sick in bed, but now you are saying that she was unattended while she was playing with a device meant for adults while your other two children were sick.

I think you might do well to admit that you made a mistake in giving the device to an unattended 4 year old and just pay for the movies.

Unbelievable.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 8:14:44 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
I noticed that, too. I thought it was just me - so glad someone else noticed it, too.

Giving a device that can get onto the Internet & do whatever, to a 4 year, while unsupervised & nothing to block purchases, is rather...

I can't believe that she posted asking about returning them - it was her negligence that allowed them to be bought in the 1rst place.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 8:16:14 PM PDT
If you are going to tell a whopper, you should at least be consistant, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 8:17:40 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
LOL! Yes, at least. =)

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 8:22:34 PM PDT
A Fire is a media consumption device intended for use by grownups, or by children supervised by adults. It is not, nor is it intended it to be, a babysitter.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 8:24:25 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 20, 2012 9:45:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 5:02:54 AM PDT
P. M. H. says:
Oh, for heavens sake. Give the lady a break. She did not leave her child in a dangerous situation alone, she gave her the Fire to watch a movie while she was taking care of the other sick kids. She thought the kid was watching a movie. So, it turned out to be a mistake because the kid was techie and ordered some movies.

The polite answer is, give CS a call and see it they can help. And explain how one can activate parent controls on the Fire.

Good grief, we have all made mistakes in our lives. I gave my sis-in-law a gift card so she could get Amazon Prime. Did you know that you can not buy Prime with a gift card? I didn't. Amazon was great and returned my money even tho the gift card had been redeemed. I learned something and wrote my sis-in-law a check.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 5:28:05 AM PDT
Perry says:
P.M.H., you should be thankful, usually once they down vote the original post and attack/humiliate the poster, they hang out in the thread and talk about random topics. It appears to be their way to mark their territory like animals do in the wild. This thread was spared the full snark treatment.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 5:56:29 AM PDT
 nospin  says:
You are ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 6:10:08 AM PDT
Actually Nospin, he is invisible.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 6:17:07 AM PDT
Ouch! While I agree with you to a large extent (especially about the fib), I'm picturing a harried mom with two kids who were up all night, perhaps a pile of vomit-stricken laundry with beach towels on one bed because the sheets are still drying, the Tylenol is all gone, but how to get out to get more? So kid #3, who isn't sick and isn't interested in her siblings' incapacity, commences to whining that she's bored (and probably hungry).

So the sleep-deprived mom, trying not to gag as she scrapes partially-digested mac & cheese and broccoli off the Thomas sheets into the toilet, grabs the Fire and a box of Cheerios, plunks Whiner #3 on the sofa, pushes <play>, and runs back down the hall before Cherub #2 wipes his diarrhea on the cat.

Both mom and the cat are too slow, and the sh|tty-kitty bolts down the hall, streaking feces in his wake.

Cut the girl a break.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 6:25:51 AM PDT
Folina, I agree that things happen, but no one seems to want to take personal responsibility for anything these days.

At $10-$15 a pop for the Barbie movies, the OP should have immediately called Amazon CS and explained the situation rather than trying to convince us of the circumstances.

JMO

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 6:29:35 AM PDT
Annie DC says:
Not riduculous at all. A very accurate and pithy description of behavior frequently found on these boards.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 6:35:17 AM PDT
Cluny says:
Doncha just love these people who think that they were "perfect" parents and that their children NEVER DID anything.without their permission. That they were able to be in the same room with their kids 24/7. Ha ha ROTFLMAO!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 591 48 minutes ago
free time 0 1 hour ago
Kindle fire spell check 24 1 hour ago
The time and battery useage icon only appear on the opening screen. 4 1 hour ago
Micro SD and personal music collection 12 2 hours ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4736 2 hours ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1617 2 hours ago
Kindle and RokuTV 9 2 hours ago
can you convert the percentage to actual pages from book? 14 3 hours ago
using android car charger to charge my kindle 8 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  289
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions