Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Scrabble for Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 9:34:25 AM PST
Nobody says:
Anyone know if Scrabble will ever be available for the new Fire HD? Shows as not compatible with my device at the present time but no info on whether it'll become available. That was the only game I used regularly on the earlier Fire, so it's a disappointment if it's not going to be compatible.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:40:37 AM PST
Have you actually received/registered your Fire HD yet? If you haven't, that's why Amazon won't be showing it as compatible; because it doesn't know you have one! The Fire HD should be compatible with the vast majority of apps made for the Fire. And if Scrabble really isn't, currently, you can write the app maker. If they get enough feedback about making a compatible version of the app, they'll do it to get your money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:41:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 9:43:14 AM PST
Nobody - You need to contact the app's developers to ask them that. They need to update the app to work on the Fire.

ETA - It shows as being compatible with my Fire HD.

SCRABBLE

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:44:09 AM PST
Nobody says:
Received, registered, updated and able to see purchased items on the top shelf. Searched for Scrabble in the store and it has an X through a circle beside my device's name. I purchased Scrabble for my earlier Fire and it worked fine. My daughter has it on her earlier-version Fire and it's working fine. But I'm not finding it for this new 8.9" Fire, which is gorgeous by the way -- instead a bunch of other word games are suggested.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:45:29 AM PST
Nobody says:
On that link, it shows as not compatible with mine. Do you have the 7" Fire HD instead of the 8.9"?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:56:33 AM PST
Nobody - I have the 7". You didn't specify which device you had. It will probably be available soon, then. It took a few days to a couple of weeks for all of mine to become compatible on the HD when I got it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:58:04 AM PST
Nobody says:
Good, that gives me hope. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:04:11 AM PST
Nobody - You're welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:09:52 AM PST
Trancemad1 says:
I've just bought 2 of the new fire HD one as a gift for my daughter, we both play scrabble regularly on our phones and I am so devastated that you can't get it on the new Fire. I wish I'd saved a bit longer and got the apple mini instead.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:25:46 AM PST
James Cook says:
Scrabble was the main game I wanted for my kindle fire hd and I can't get it for it because it's not compatible, if I would have known that I would NOT have bought a kindle fire hd series!

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:06:48 PM PST
R. Nelson says:
I sent an email to EA asking them to add support for the 8.9" Fire....for what that is worth.

The response wasn't very useful...but maybe if enough send email they will get it together:
Thank you for your interest in Electronic Arts and for taking the time to write us with your thoughts and questions regarding Scrabble on your Android device.

I apologize for the difficulty, and I understand how frustrating this issue can be. I'll do everything I can to resolve this for you!

Thank you for the feedback, regarding your device not being compatible with the game!

We are working to make as many of our games available for as many Android devices as possible. Please keep checking the Google Play Store and www.eamobile.com.

Thanks again for writing us. We look forward to helping you answer some of your questions and hope you enjoy playing EA games!

Best Regards,
Satyam
EA Customer Service

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 3:00:51 PM PST
We've got 30 days to return the Fire HD for a full refund-- no questions asked they say. If there's no good news on Scrabble for Fire HD 8.9" by Christmas this is going back. My wife plays Scrabble on our older Kindle and it's the only game she likes on it-- otherwise book reading only. You'd think Amazon would have some pull with EA. Biggest on-line retailer in the world-- I would think it would be a top priority with the millions of Kindle Fire HD units Amazon is selling for the holidays.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 3:10:59 PM PST
R. Nelson says:
Have you taken a moment and sent your desire to EA to update the game? Amazon can't force EA to update the game. In addition, the 8.9" devices just came out, things take time. The amount of apps has initially available to the 7" HD has grown since it was first released, I expect the same here.

I saw somebody post that you can get the return period extended, don't recall which thread, but maybe inquire into that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:00:29 PM PST
A. Federhoof says:
I'm having the same problem. I orginally had the Kindle Fire 7 and sent it back for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9. I could play Scrabble on the orginal, but it is not compatable for the 8.9. All of mine are registered. What gives? Scrabble is my favorite game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:05:48 PM PST
R. Nelson says:
A. -

EA has not released an update to allow Scrabble for the 8.9" HD Fire. I have written EA asking them to add support, I suggest you do the same so they will update. It works on the 7" HD, so I am hoping they will update. Since the 8.9" just came out a month ago, I am hoping they will add soon.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 12:03:20 AM PST
Rachel Scott says:
I went to the EA website to let them know I too am desperate for Scrabble on the kindle fire 8.9. As far as I can tell, one has to create an account with EA just to contact them. Does anyone know if there is a way to communicate with EA without creating an account?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 2:15:02 AM PST
Denis Powell says:
If your main interest is playing against the device then I can recommend Classic Words Free

It works with the Fire HD, but I can't speak for the 8.9, although as it's free it's worth a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:27:09 AM PST
A spokesmen for EA commented on another thread that they make announcements on their Facebook page.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:19:49 AM PST
Rachel - If you create an account to access the forums, you won't get any spam or anything, I've had one for a long time. It's also the same account ("Origin") that you'll use if you want to play against other online without using Facebook. That being said, the tech support on the forums is spotty at best and usually is limited to either "we're aware of the problem and we're working on it" or "please give us the details of the problem", however the other forum members can be very helpful.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:44:18 PM PST
sue920 says:
Thanks for the tip about Classic Word Free for the Fire 8.9. I like it as much as Scrabble and, unlike that game, it hasn't crashed so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:58:37 PM PST
Thanks for the referral to the Classic Words game. I downloaded it and my wife likes it as much as Scrabble-- maybe more she says, because the machine doesn't make you wait for the next move. My wife's Kindle is an 8.9" version and there are a few very minor adjustments (visually)they need to make to have it be 100% compatible with the 7" experience-- but nothing that would stop my wife from playing it and really enjoying it.

Thanks again, great advice!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:11:31 AM PST
We would not have upgraded to Fire HD 8.9 if we had known Scrabble would no work on it. Scrabble is my wife's leasure occupation. Maybe we should downgrade or go to a different tablet altogether.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 11:02:14 AM PST
D. E. Jones says:
Hi There are a lot of unhappy people who assumed Scrabble would be available on the new Kindle Fire HD including my partner who is now using my iPad!

Derek Jones

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 10:32:45 PM PST
J. Barnes says:
Awesome - thank you Denis Powell for the tip on Classic Words Free. I have contact EA about Scrabble, too, because it was my favorite game. I got the 8.9 HD and gave my mom my 7" one, so am so glad to have this alternative - back to having fun again!!

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 5:17:06 PM PST
E. T. M. says:
Kindle fire hd 7"

Still cannot see updated games on menu page. Once you play a single player game, games in your update (where is it) list either do not show up or deleted while they are ongoing. Tired of it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions