Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire game apps purchased but not showing on son's kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 8:36:07 AM PST
B. Secor says:
My son is getting frustrated with his new present. We just selected and purchased some game apps for his kindle fire on the amazon site. We see them in our purchased items and has selected his kindle for them to be purchased for...they are not showing up on his kindle. Where are they??? What are we doing wrong?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:43:08 AM PST
Arual says:
Hi B.

Are you sure your son's Fire is registered to your account?
Is his Fire's wi-fi turned on?
When you say "selected his Kindle for them to be purchased for...", does that mean you did that on the "Manage Your Kindle" screen?
From his Fire, brush down the top of the Home screen to bring up options. Tap "Sync."

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:44:50 AM PST
Sign into your amazon Acct... go into the manage my kindle settings and make sure you register the kindle with your amazon Acct to receive purchases

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:45:18 AM PST
B. Secor says:
Thank you so much! That did the trick.
He is now happily playing his new games!
Merry Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:48:56 AM PST
Arual says:
Happy to help! Which "fix" worked? What was the problem?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:31:43 PM PST
wdsmiley says:
I'm having the same problem with my new kindle fire. I purchased a free app on Amazon.com on my laptop. It's supposed to show up in my kindle library for download and its not. I'm definitely registered to my account. Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:56:30 PM PST
jarand says:
Amazon has a crazy system for this.

On your Fire, Press the "Sync" button on your upper pull down menu. Now go to the App Store and find that app. It may say "download" by it, or the price may still be showing. Even if the price is still showing, click on it and it should bypass the "purchase" prompt, and take you directly to download.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:12:51 PM PST
C. S. Jones says:
If you already purchased it you just to to the Apps tab and click the Cloud button after you have done your Sync. The app will be listed in the cloud where you just tap on it to download and install it on the local device. Not crazy at all since you may not want every app installed on your Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:19:26 PM PST
jarand says:
Thank you CS Jones. Much better!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 12:02:06 PM PST
linchesh says:
thanks that worked for me

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 8:14:45 AM PST
odos says:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I went to the amazon app in the home and bought a free app for kindle fire and it says thank you for your purchase and then I press the "Apps" button to find and use it and it does not show up, I have had my kindle fire for about a 2 months and never realized you could get apps for it, until a friend with a kindle fire was using the app I was trying to get. Please help.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 8:24:33 AM PST
Have you turned on the wi-fi and done a sync? After you do that, click on the apps tab, then click on Cloud. The title of the app should be there. Just tap it to download it.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 4:29:17 AM PST
Chris Bryant says:
Tis all about the Sync. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:14:35 PM PDT
m johnson says:
WiFi is on i tap on sync i tap on apps then cloud and nothing still ain't happen. What am i not doing or what am i doing wrong.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 4:01:59 PM PDT
bailey cat says:
My kindle fire erased my hungry sharks evo game and started over. So items i purchased gems accessorys for shark are gone. What should i do to get them back?

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 7:12:28 PM PDT
Bailey, contact the company. They might have a record of your purchases. Send them the invoices if you have them and ask them to add them to your account.

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 7:31:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2013 7:39:49 PM PDT
J. Reeves says:
I am having this same issue but with my Fathers Kindle FIre HD LTE I got him.
Nothing I have done has fixed it, so READ CAREFULLY to see what I have done..
~Pre Steps~
1He bought the TUne-In Radio Pro app from the App Store
2. It showed it downloading and everything.
3. Goes to App Screen, Not there.
4. Return to App Store, try to repurchase, Says we already have it.

1. Made sure his account was registered to his Amazon account..
2. Made sure I was connected tot he Internet ((Im on the damn thing posting to you through its web browser))
3. Dragged down the Settings screen, Clicked Sync, waited a bit, Still not there.

Any ideas?

-Signed
James W. Reeves

--EDIT--
Derp... Stupid me forgot to look in cloud button and download it to the kindle.. Lol.. Still why just the cloud and not the Kindle..

Posted on May 12, 2013 1:47:06 PM PDT
Scott says:
Hi, my daughter just purchased a 19.99 upgrade for a kindle app...how do I return it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2013 1:55:40 PM PDT
MikeJW says:
You probably cannot return it. But, I suppose you could contact Amazon and grovel a bit. Start with the help link on the top of this page.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2013 12:37:21 PM PDT
I know this is an old thread, but thank you for telling me where to find "sync." NOW I can play my games!!!

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 11:26:01 PM PDT
Badissta505 says:
I am having a similiar problem although the app (not showing up in either carroussel OR library) says open one the app store. The problem is that the kindle doesn't know what to open since it is not on the device. Any help?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2013 3:41:47 AM PDT
Did you sync?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 6:39:49 PM PDT
M. Matheny says:
Here's the app i got :N.O.V.A. - N.O.V.A. - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD (Kindle Tablet Edition)
(N.O.V.A. - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD (Kindle Tablet Edition)
not in the appstore btw. i did this and it doesnt work

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 7:36:55 PM PDT
Rusty says:
I purchased diamond game from amazon and it has quit working. When I touch it will come up but when I hit play it goes back to the caroesel. I don't want to lose my score

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 4:29:51 AM PDT
Tara Adams says:
I am barrowing my brothers kindle for a trip. I plan to have no wifi on the flight so i want to be able to watch tv shows I download. I was able to her off his account on the kindle and use my own to purchase tv shows but it went to the cloud which you need wifi to watch.

1.) how do I transfer the show I downloaded to go on the device.
If this isn't possible then
2.) how do I download a show from amazon and have it go to the device? Please help!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Software Update for Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle
0 22 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Welcome To The Quirky Zoo! Home To Many Exotic and Everyday Creatures Including a Platypus! 7861 13 minutes ago
BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #3 3445 19 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 3834 34 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Alarm Clock 20 41 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - September 2015 129 45 minutes ago
Kindle paperwhite won't turn on 201 47 minutes ago
Kindle sales not for international customers? 0 1 hour ago
Kindle Keyboard will not register? 13 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire Dictionary ? 63 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  25 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions