Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Deleting books.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2012 3:52:58 PM PDT
Alice Vissia says:
How can I delete a book from my Kindle? I have many in my Archives and want to get rid of some

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 3:54:41 PM PDT
First, which model Kindle do you have? That would make it easier for us to try to help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 3:58:20 PM PDT
Do you want them off your Kindle or out of your archives?

If you want them off your Kindle, you're going to have to tell us which Kindle you're using.

If you want them out of your archives, go to your Manage Your Kindle page on your computer, find the books you don't want, and choose to delete them from the drop-down menu on the right. Keep in mind that removing them from your archives is permanent and if you ever want to read the book(again), you'll have to pay for them.

Also note that the books that are listed in your archives on your Kindle aren't taking up any space on your device, so you don't need to delete them if you're looking for more space.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 4:21:58 PM PDT
Alice Vissia says:
I have a kindle touch. I know that if the books are in archives it doesn't take up space, but some of them just worth saving .

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 4:29:52 PM PDT
@Alica: If you want to get rid of them permanently, then go to the list of books on the Manage Your Kindle page and delete them from there. Then sync the Kindle to account - make sure that the Kindle's wireless is on and working. Once you remove them from the MYK page, they are gone forever and can NOT be retrieved unless you buy them again.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:25:51 AM PST
I have the first generation of kindle. how do I get rid of completly picture and all of a book I have archived but want to delete it from my kindle forever
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
56 4 days ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 Sep 18, 2015
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 Sep 18, 2015
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
purchased books not showing up on my kindle 307 25 seconds ago
83 and we're RAoKing PRIME 6684 46 seconds ago
Kindle fire overheat 66 4 minutes ago
Downloading music to Fire, 7" Display's SD Card, 17 4 minutes ago
Where are downloaded .pdf files on kindle fire 250 6 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 7885 8 minutes ago
Is kindle built to read RTF code snippets (HTML, PHP, javascript)? 2 9 minutes ago
Cancelled subscription to Audible but still getting charged 101 11 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions