Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Issue syncing email on Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 15, 2012 5:36:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012 6:32:16 PM PDT
Portromes says:
Hello. Well, I've added a couple email accounts to the Fire HD, and while I do get emails, I never get notifications. Everything is on and syncing. Not sure what to do.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 4:50:13 AM PDT
Portromes says:
Anyone?

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:46:43 PM PDT
WestGrl says:
I'm having the same issue. I loved the email app on the original Kindle Fire. I would get instant notification of an email, I could set it up so that if I read an email online, it would no longer show as a new message on my KF. The email app doesn't seem to let me do any of that. It doesn't check for new emails when I turn it on, I never get new notifications for emails no matter what setting I put it on. I even went shopping for apps, hoping I could find the email app the original KF used but I don't see it. They improved so much but managed to downgrade the email.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 11:00:54 PM PDT
Portromes and WestGrl - Swipe down from the top for Settings > More > Applications > Notification Settings. Select 'On' next to each app from which you want to receive Notifications.

Then in Settings go to Sounds and Display and select your Notification Sounds. Be aware that it will "sound" the notifications even while it's asleep. I turned off mine for email as it was bugging me hearing the little "song" during the night. Also, the sound is much louder than on the original Fire, so you may want to turn it very low.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 3:21:42 AM PDT
WestGrl says:
Thank you Pineapple! I'll see if that works. Can't believe every single app had notifications on except the email. Now if I could only fix the other issues I have.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:46:24 AM PST
I dont trust the email App I get them through on my phone but not on the Fire
I have 2 email acounts linked and have no confidence in the Fire I have implemented the changes in these posts
I amconcluding Kindle is a great reader but no Ipad killer and I dont have an Ipad

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:58:42 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Amazon has never claimed it is an iPad killer. There are other email apps you can use. I personally use K-9 Mail.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions