Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

free apps

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 1:33:31 PM PST
does anyone find that free apps from Amazon only lets you play about one stage if that, compared to other tablets.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:38:39 PM PST
New Girl says:
Depends on the app. Amazon offers a free app of the day that is, as far as I have found, a full ad free version of an app. Often the free apps that are out are either ad supported or 'lite' versions that are intended to let you check out how the app works before you buy. Sort of like a test drive. BTW, Amazon is only the marketplace for the apps, they do not create them. All platforms, ie Apple, Amazon, Google Play have have limited and ad supported apps. The tablet you are using doesn't really matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:44:27 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
It is up to the publisher how they do their free app. Amazon does not create the aps, they just provide a place for the publishers to sell them for Amazon customers.

Free apps are usually lite versions or ad supported. Some are a limited version so you can test drive them before you buy them.

This goes for any tablet and any app store. THere are different ways publishers handle free apps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:46:03 PM PST
thank you for your comment. I think I have been using my other halfs ipad and expecting the same type of apps when clearly that is not the case. Thank you again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions