Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) internet and Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 8:57:41 AM PST
Andi says:
My main source of internet is a DSL connection which is obviously a problem for Kindle which seems to be made for Wi-Fi. I have only been able to put books I order on my Kindle when I'm using Wi-Fi, for example, at somebody else's house. Is there some way I can retrieve the books I order on Kindle through my DSL connection? Thanks, Andi

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:01:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 9:03:28 AM PST
Add a wi-fi router to your DSL modem.

Like this: Medialink - Wireless N Broadband Router - 150 Mbps - 2.4GHz - 802.11n w/ Internal Antenna

Alternately, you can connect the Kindle to your computer using a micro-usb cable. It then shows up as an "external drive", and you can drag and drop files to it. AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters)

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:06:46 AM PST
DSL is high speed and can easily support wifi. You can purchase your own router, as Erich suggested, or you can try calling your ISP and see if they will provide one.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:11:23 AM PST
Andi says:
Ok cool, my thanks to both of you... I will look into the Wi-Fi router options.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:15:52 AM PST
As Anastasia said, you can check with your DSL provider to see if they can give you a wireless router. Be careful though, sometimes they charge a small fee per month for "router rental". Even at a "cheap" $5/month, you're better off buying your own for $50. In the long run, it's cheaper. Some providers will give you a wireless router at no extra cost, so it's worth checking.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions