Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How to send a gift or gift card?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 9:24:23 PM PST
FreeDove says:
I want to send something to someone but all I have is their pen name and no email address. How can I send a GC as a surprise to that person?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:27:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:28:49 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
You need a email address to send a gift or see if they have a public wishlist and send something off that.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:33:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:34:14 PM PST
FreeDove says:
They have a public wish list for gift cards but it changes named when I click on it so I am not sure of it is her or not and there is no email address. So do I enter her real name that comes up? She really needs a gift card.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:42:04 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
That is the purpose of a wishlist so people can send you gifts without you having to give out personal information such as email or address, that information stays hidden.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:56:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:58:15 PM PST
FreeDove says:
So how do I do it then? just leave the email part blank and enter the name that comes up on the wish list and the amount of the GC? or do I enter her nickname she uses to post?

ETA

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:01:55 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Is it still asking for an email address? If so then guess you cannot send a gift card without email. I have sent physical items from a wishlist and it auto entered all the delivery information I just had to check out and enter my information for payment and all that.

I would call Amazon customer service and see what they say.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:19:37 AM PST
FreeDove says:
No you misunderstood my question. I didn't try it again. I was asking do I just leave the email space blank. Which name do I enter? The Nickname or the real name?

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:40:19 AM PST
~nospin says:
Click on buy from within their wishlist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:08:17 AM PST
MommaCat says:
If their wishlist is hidden, there isn't much you can do. From the wish list there is a give as gift option, and no email is needed. Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions