Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Trading in Kindle Fire for new one?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012 8:28:18 AM PST
Jake says:
I'm thinking of trading in my (v. good condition) Kindle Fire which I bought a year ago for the new model. OR...should I wait another year for the next one?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:53:01 AM PST
There will ALWAYS be new models released for every type of technology, so if you continue to wait for the next, great release of something, you will never actually have something to enjoy in the meantime. JMO, of course...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:15:59 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
If you wait for the next one you will always be waiting. There is always a new model in the works, that is the way with electronics.

I only get the new model if the new model has features on it that I want that my current model does not.

My first Kindle was the K3 now the Keyboard model and I did not get a new one until the Paperwhite came out, the built in light was a awesome new feature that I wanted.

I just got the Nexus 7 tablet and don't plan on getting a new one for 2-3 years or until it no longer will run what I need it to due to advancements in OS and apps moving forward.

Only you can answer the question on when to upgrade, some people like to have the latest and greatest and upgrade every year. Some are happy with what they have and will upgrade every 2-3 years or longer.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 5:29:51 AM PST
Jake says:
Thanks. I really ike the skype/camera on the new Fire, as well as improved battery life/capacity.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions