Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

adobe flash player update for kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 175 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2012 7:21:27 PM PST
Where do I get the flash player update for kindle fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 7:27:14 PM PST
Why do you need it? if your Fire has just recently updated to the latest version of the operating system, then you need to turn the Flash player on again - the default is now OFF. Go into the Settings menu and look under Behaviour.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 8:10:04 PM PST
When I try to play certain games I am stopped and a message says you must update flash player

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 8:18:02 PM PST
You can't update the Flash player, but you should check your settings in the browser and make sure it is turned on.

The recent software update turns it off and may cause you to get that message.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 8:21:14 PM PST
@Crystal: Have you turned on Flash in the menu, or checked that it is turned on? Which games are you referring to? I assume that they are from the Amazon app store.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 8:42:34 PM PST
No. They are facebook and other games.Where do I check if flash is on?

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 8:47:37 PM PST
I looked in applications and it shows adobe flash player version 10.3
I can not do anything to the app.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 9:01:02 PM PST
Fixed it Thanx :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 9:03:13 PM PST
C. Scilley says:
You go to web, menu, settings. Then scroll down until you see enable flash. Set it to either on or on demand.
Carolyn

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 7:48:38 PM PST
M. Bremer says:
I've turned my flash player on and am still not able to view full episodes or clips from fox.com. Says I need to update my flash player. How do I do that on the Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 9:52:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 9:54:46 PM PST
Even if you could stream video from Fox it wouldn't matter because the audio and video would not be synced. That site, as well as others, are not optimized for mobile devices. Go start a video on ABC.com to see what I mean.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 7:44:13 AM PST
You cannot update the flash player on the Fire. If it is turned on and still not working you'll have to wait for Amazon to update it. You might want to double-check that it is on, and that Javascript is on. The current version of Flash is not so old that websites should be complaining about it.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 5:19:19 PM PST
All of a sudden my fire quit playing any videos. It kept saying I had to have a 9.0 or better for a flash player but then it wouldn't ever let me download one. If you go to the button with three little lines on it (bottom of screen) then go down to flash player and hit always on, then it should work

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 5:56:15 PM PST
Hv says:
how do u check wether its on or not??

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012 5:54:17 PM PST
B. Wilson says:
Recent update turned it off... read earlier posts on how to turn it back on.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 6:48:52 PM PST
SlapHappy says:
Thanks Sandra; you explained it perfectly. Uv, if you are on your Fire now, look at the bottom of your screen and in the middle you will see an Icon that looks like a piece of paper with writing on it. Open that then hit the "SETTINGS" tab that's all the way on the right. Then do exactly what Sandra told us to do. It worked for me. hth

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 5:11:26 AM PST
Donald says:
Thank you. I was losing my mind trying to figure out what happened to my browser and how to fix it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 1:46:15 PM PST
That a drag. That's why I bought this. Have an ipad with no flashso thought this would play Tv episodes etc. Hopefully fox and Abc and whoever else will soonget with it. Thanks for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 8:18:21 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 26, 2012 8:20:24 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 8:19:19 PM PST
@Mechelee: The latest update from Amazon appears to have turned it off by default. It is not anything that you did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 8:24:05 PM PST
Try looking at the bottom of the ABC website and see if you have the option to choose between desktop/mobile view. When I first started surfing Amazon/Google it was unruly until I changed to the desktop view.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 3:53:20 AM PST
I have no "behavior" title in my settings menu and have checked every setting on my kindle fire. I saw my kindle dl an update last week and still I have problems watching many videos. Do u know wtf is wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 6:37:48 AM PST
Mark, you have to be in Settings in the web browser. Sounds like you're not, or maybe you just didn't scroll down far enough. Open the web tab, click the Menu button, click Settings, and scroll down - it's there.

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 8:07:50 AM PST
Mandy says:
I changed my settings after the software update to enable flash(always on) but I still cant play episodes from fox.com. any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 11:58:57 AM PST
Q says:
Nothing, except you'll need to watch FOX.com videos on your notebook/netbook.

There is presently some incompatibility between the Fire and Fox.com videos.

This problem may extend to all Android tablets. Not sure.

To others (like Andrys) who also own an Android tablet, can you watch TV episodes on Fox.com on your other tablet like the HTC Flyrer or the Galaxy Tab? Or does the page request a Flash update (that doesn't exist) as it does on the Fire.

It's not a Silk browser issue as this problem is also seen under the other browsers like Dolphin HD & Maxthon Mobile.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  94
Total posts:  175
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 48 customers

Search Customer Discussions