Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Paperwhite available in Canada

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 193 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2012 1:07:51 PM PDT
Paul F Wood says:
I just had a frustrating experience of thinking I could purchase a Paperwhite for delivery in Canada only to be informed at the end of the purchase process, at the shipping stage, it was not available for shipment to Canada

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 12:01:07 PM PDT
S. Barrera says:
If they can't their act together for Canada, I will to get an iPad mini. Pay for ads removal and added cost for Canada and I may just as we'll get the iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 12:04:42 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
It normally takes 3-5 months after the US release before new Kindles are released for international shipping. The Touch took 5 monhts.

They are having enough problems trying to get the pre orders shipped for the US market, at the moment if you order one it won't be shipped until end of Nov or begining of Dec.

I highly doubt they will have enough for the holiday season this year as it is.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 12:11:57 PM PDT
Fuzzy says:
Could Canadians have a friend in the US place the order and then send it on to Canada?

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 12:13:30 PM PDT
T. Cook says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 12:16:22 PM PDT
Chief, many people have done that or slipped across the border and picked one up.

The only issue you will have (since this is not the Fire) is warranty repairs. For a warranty repair, Amazon will only ship the replacement to the areas that it sells the product. You would have to pay to return your defective Kindle to the US and they would then forward it to Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 12:25:11 PM PDT
Fuzzy says:
Thank you, I see where if there is a problem it could me more trouble than it is worth. It was only a thought. Just trying to help out friends from the great white north.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 12:26:06 PM PDT
I know what you mean but knowledge allows you to make the best decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 12:50:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 12:51:13 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 12:52:19 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 1:02:50 PM PDT
Fuzzy says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:26:48 PM PDT
Nan Kang says:
That's just simply not true. Paperwhite is now available in a lot of European countries, UK, Germany, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:30:05 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 2:34:52 PM PDT
ElleGee says:
Kobo Glo is getting some good reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:35:19 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:38:05 PM PDT
Do Candadians have friends in the U.S.? I live in Mexico and am having a Paperwhite brought to me in January.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:40:58 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:42:55 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 3:45:10 PM PDT
ElleGee says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:50:08 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 3:51:07 PM PDT
ElleGee says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:52:31 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Oh okay, so about 1% of the population...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:00:01 PM PDT
Yeah- that's what I did- I also got myself Amazon Prime which isn't available here. Lame. But I'm pretty happy- It's going to ship there Friday this week. He's going to send it to me, and I'm going to get it Express mail, because I've waited so long for this thing already. I ordered it last month. I'm going to pay shipping fees.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:43:14 AM PST
Jack says:
Here in Canada, we don't have the option of getting the cheaper ad-supported model, because all the ads are for the US only.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:22:03 AM PST
Samantha, did you really look at what Prime will give you in Canada? To get the video streaming you have to be located in the US (Amazon goes by IP address). The shipping is only for continental US only. The apps you can purchase with a US credit card. The apps "call home" every so often, etc. I'm really not sure what benefit you will get from Prime, but, of course, that is your decision.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
82 14 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Fire HD wont turn on? 0 13 seconds ago
FB&C -- Free Books and Chat -- Saturday July 12, 2014 100 3 minutes ago
new Kindle fire without box 6 3 minutes ago
Kindle running slowly 1 5 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started 2 4590 7 minutes ago
Kindle 3G 3 15 minutes ago
New Kindle Coming Out? 29 17 minutes ago
How do I delete books from my Samsung Tablet 7 18 minutes ago
reading books on my pc 2 19 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  193
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions