Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle keyboard

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 2:20:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 2:22:57 PM PST
deetop3 says:
Hello, santa brought me a used Kindle Keyboard fo xmas. It was deregistered when we received it. We have reset it to factory default a few times, now actually. I have an amazon acct - have had for years. This Kindle will absolutely not register my acct. First it responded with there are no email addresses or passwords in the files matching mine - I am currently logged into my Amazon acct typing this note!!! . Now, the last dozen or some times it keeps telling me my Kindle is unable to connect at this time. To make sure I'm in wireless range and try again - which I have - over and over again. It also says if that doesn't work to restart the Kindle which I have tried - over and over again. I have a full set of wi-fi bars showing....... anybody have any suggestions that might help - before I throw this out with yesterdays' xmas papar??? thanks for any help you may suggest. ps this kindle keyboard does have the latest updates.......

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 2:25:41 PM PST
Have you talked to Kindle customer service? If you're having this kind of trouble with a used Kindle, it makes me wonder if someone sold Santa a Kindle that had been reported lost or stolen. If Amazon gets a report like that, they block the serial number so it can't be registered. I'd give them a call.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:32:32 AM PST
deetop3 says:
Thank you so much for your response. I did contact Amazon and it looks like that's exactly what happened....... I am waiting to hear from them on how to return it to them so they might be able to return it to the last registered user. Hopefully, they will be able to do that. For obvious reasons they don't give out that information, they handle it. I know I'd appreciate their effort in the same situation.

Again, thank you and Happy New Year!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:36:31 AM PST
deetop3 says:
Ok, Amazon says they don't get involved. They suggest returning it to the seller or turning it into local authorities. Or sending it to their recycling company....... just wanted to let people know this was Amazon's response in case you found yourself in a similar boat.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:45:44 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Sorry you got a bum gift.
I think Amazon doesn't get involved because someone could sell their Kindle then claim it was stolen and get it back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:04:30 AM PST
Well, yeah. Ford doesn't get involved if your car is stolen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:14:52 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If you can't return the device you can still use it for non Amazon DRM free books. There are a lot of sites out there to get free classics and such. Also there are sites that sell books in Mobi format like Baen Books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:15:53 AM PST
And Libraries!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:17:11 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I thought you had to go through Amazon for library books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:19:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 6:25:15 AM PST
No, I can sign on to my county's library through overdrive.com. I have so much in my TBR pile that I haven't borrowed one, but I don't think it has to go through Amazon.

I could be wrong. Edit: It appears I am. *sigh* I tried. :0(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:20:39 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Maybe for the Fire with the overdrive app. Not for the e-ink Kindles. It is handled through Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:22:32 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
I also use overdrive. I have to go through Amazon and a registered Kindle to get the Kindle version. I can put the Overdrive app on android devices and download epub books.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:24:09 AM PST
Dittie says:
The library thing won't work. It takes you to the Amazon e-book product page and ultimately to the MYK page to choose the device.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
87 1 hour ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
So How Do You Really Feel About Amazon's Take Over of Goodreads 9 12 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 1748 13 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 2578 14 minutes ago
double up on books 4 14 minutes ago
is there an app for that? 3230 15 minutes ago
Kindle Unlimited 79 16 minutes ago
Kindle Ink 4 25 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 4408 29 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions