Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

I procrastinated. Paperwhites sold out

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 9:20:51 AM PST
L. LEVERTON says:
I was waiting to see if they would be on sale Black Friday plus I had been saving since my husband was off work, but I went to order the Paperwhite today and it's out of stock until December 20. Estimated Delivery December 24.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:28:33 AM PST
quilt lover says:
I would order now if I were you, at least you'd be in the front of the line and might get it sooner. I definitely wouldn't hold my breath on a black friday deal.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:30:15 AM PST
i ordered my P/W end of October and it has a delivery of around the same time in December

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:54:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 9:55:18 AM PST
L. LEVERTON says:
I definitely placed the order. There are no ereaders in any of the ads, many tablets. The fires all have 30 gc's. Yesterday toysrus sold the new fires for 127 and I was a little too late. They sold out also. I didnt care for the paperwhite, I like my keyboard and my daughter wasnt being very clear on what model she wanted. I considered the fire, but she just wnted it to read. Our local walmart still has stacks of the keyboards, but they still want 119 for them. I thought they would mark them down and I'd get her one of them.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:36:00 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
You can always pre order the Paperwhite then if you get something else that goes on sale cancel it before it ships.

Amazon does not charge you until it ships.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:32:00 PM PST
L. LEVERTON says:
I know. I preordered it the day it was released and she wasnt sure what she wanted at that time. I didnt want to buy it that early. Wish now I had

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:52:07 PM PST
B. Marks says:
I pre-ordered my Paperwhite early in October and the expected shipping date was November 17. I got it last week though. Sometimes we get luck.

This is my fourth Kindle and certainly the best...by far.

Barry

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:21:02 PM PST
metz1295 says:
my story is the same as barryem. i ordered at the end of october to ensure receipt in time for a christmas gift. estimated shipping date was between 12/6 and 12/14. i received it last friday. it's tough not giving it right away, but an 11 yr old doesn't understand that that is his christmas and not to expect anything christmas morning.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 3:38:43 PM PST
~nospin says:
You may want to check out the screen for blotches.

Others have had luck lifting/slitting the cardboard so as not to break the pull seal. If all is okay, just glue it down.
If not you have time to get a replacement

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:13:06 PM PST
T. Gray says:
I just got the one I ordered today and I'm so glad I opened it before giving it on Christmas because I received one with a blue hue on the left and pink hue on the right. It will be going back. I'm just trying to decide whether to exchange or refund and get something else.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:15:39 PM PST
T. Gray says:
So I agree with Nospin. You may have made a good decision to procrastinate. You will either order and hopefully get a batch with the issue fixed or decide to not bother ans make a different purchase choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:34:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 3:58:37 PM PST
Linda K says:
Mine was to be a gift as well. I cancelled and ordered a refurbished kindle touch 3G. It has the same warranty as new but low enough in price to afford a lighted cover for much less than a paperwhite 3G.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:44:36 PM PST
T. Gray says:
I will say that the shadows I've heard about on the bottom were very small and I don't know if they'd bother me, they don't yet. But the difference in slight color from top left to top right is noticable and irritating. I'm glad others have mentioned it, otherwise I'd just think it was normal but that I didn't like it and wouldn't even think about getting another one after returning it.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:55:15 PM PST
I live in Mexico and considered waiting until they were available here. I changed my mind and ordered one and had it sent to my sister in Tennessee. She'll be in Mexico the middle of January. After the got the Paperwhite she called m on Skype and said, "This Kindle is great, Pat. You should get one." I've encouraged her to read it as much as she can. No page jumps, no discoloration, no problems. So, I'm waiting till January and getting updates from my sister. It is clear now that if I'd waited it would have been even longer before I had one.

I'm eagerly awaiting my Kindle Paperwhite. I loaned my old Kindle Keyboard to a friend and that Kindle is in Thailand now so I'm left with only my Kindle Basic and an irrational fear that something will happen to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:20:25 PM PST
Sarida says:
My local Staples has some.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:22:45 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
I don't recall Amazon ever putting a Kindle on sale for Black Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:40:30 PM PST
Nobody says:
Sounds like your sister has a good sense of humor. I know what you mean about that panic that sets in at the thought of being Kindle-less. I sent back my PW today and must somehow get through the night without a Kindle. I haven't been without at least one since '09. A basic model will arrive tomorrow, but in the meantime I may have to resort to a paper book (oh horrors!).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:05:26 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
Oh my, Nobody. Maybe you should just lay down in a dark room with a cool cloth over your eyes for the evening. :) Hope you survive the night!

I also have some problems with my eyes and the Paperwhite. Some evenings my eyes feel stressed reading on it. I still have a Keyboard, so I have just downloaded the book to my KK and kept on reading. Figure this keeps the KK charged and working to use it some. :) I am going to keep the Paperwhite because there are lots of things I like about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:08:56 PM PST
~nospin says:
My replacement was fine.
Try for a replacement first.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:09:43 PM PST
They had the DX last year marked down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:00:46 AM PST
Nobody, a couple of years ago I was heading to the bathroom and grabbed a leftover paperback. When I opened the book my first thought was, "I have to jack up the font a little." Oh, right. Never mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:59:53 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Usually if they offer a Black Friday deal on a Kindle it will be an older model. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kindle Touch this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:03:37 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
And the year before that it was the Kindle 2 which sold out in minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:50:38 AM PST
quilt lover says:
I think it actually sold out in seconds, I tried to get one for my sister, but missed.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:53:14 AM PST
L. LEVERTON says:
I cancelled and got the lightening deal on the kindle fire. It was only 10 dollars more and a tablet besides.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions