Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Transfer books on Kindle to Amazon account?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 3:36:49 PM PST
S. Emch says:
I purchased my first few books with a gift card, so they aren't being backed up on Amazon. How do I transfer/copy them over?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:39:30 PM PST
They're already part of the account no matter what the payment method. Are you sure you don't have more than one account?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:40:07 PM PST
The books belong to the account that you purchased them on. It does not matter if you used a gift card or a credit card. If you go to Manage Your Kindle for the account that you purchased the books on, you will see that they are backed up on the Amazon server.

To find your Manage Your Kindle page, hold your mouse over "Your Account" in the upper right hand corner. The drop down menu has Manage Your Kindle link.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:26:47 PM PST
S. Emch says:
Apparently I did, I just fixed some other issues having figured that out. Would this other account be an issue or should I just not delete these books to keep them?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:31:11 PM PST
Cassie Anne says:
You can contact Kindle Customer Service and ask them if they can move the books to your main account. It's a long shot, but they occasionally can consolidate accounts.

Click Help at the top of the page, then click the Contact Us button on the right. Definitely have them call you, and if necessary, ask to speak to a supervisor. Chances are the first person you speak with won't be authorized to consolidate accounts, but a supervisor should.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:41:17 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
If you bought the books in the past 7 days you can get a refund and then buy them on the correct account. The problem is you can;t transfer your gift certificate to a different account. To get a refund of your books go to the Manage Your Kindle page, click on "actions" next to the title, click on "return for refund."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions