Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

netflix not working kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 155 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2012 4:18:42 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 17, 2012 4:41:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 4:41:30 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
What's not working about it? How are you trying to access it? Are you using the Netflix app or trying to access it through the browser? You have to use the app, and you have to log on to the app with your Netflix username and password. Are you doing that? If so, what's not working?

ETA: It works fine for me using the Netflix app.

Posted on May 17, 2012 4:58:33 PM PDT
G. Hetzel says:
Just checked it on my Fire and it is working fine. Is your WiFi working?

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 2:57:40 PM PDT
Yasar says:
Netflix used to work fine on kindle fire..but now I guess after the updates the buffering stop every once in a while.It is very frustrating experience. Amazon please fix it with Netflix

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 2:23:33 AM PDT
Sunny Miami says:
I am starting to have problems with the system as well. Plays well for a few minutes then freezes. I suspect I am not the only one with this problem. I can access Netflix on my computer but now I am starting to have problems on my fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 6:01:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 6:10:34 AM PDT
Just started seeing this as well. Plays for a few minutes then freezes. Happens on different shows (not just one particuliar episode). Was able to stream on phone (on wifi) without issue while the Fire's playback "froze".

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 7:01:29 AM PDT
Mary says:
Net flix app working fine here. I connect with road runner high speed. Mary

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 7:05:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 7:05:32 AM PDT
Sunny Miami says:
I was just told by a netflix rep that the speed of my internet connection may be the source of my freezing problem.
Others might want to check that as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 9:05:06 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 24, 2012 9:05:27 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 9:05:38 AM PDT
In my case, speed of connection/connectivity was not the issue (Verizon Fios). Had Fire side-by-side with a Samsung phone, both running Netflix. Netflix app on the Fire has just started freezing recently. Will uninstall/reinstall app and see if that resolves.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 10:14:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 4, 2012 10:15:54 AM PDT
J. Hillis says:
I've been having this same problem. It will happen at the same spot of an episode. The screen just goes black. If I attempt to move the progress bar it will continue to say "buffering" until I restart my kindle. It's definitely not my connection either. Started happening the last few months. Reinstalling didn't fix my issue.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 6:11:14 PM PDT
Same problem here. The same Internet connection works fine streaming to my BD player, computer or phone but the KF just freezes on many different shows. The screen goes black and when wakened, it just says buffering. On some occasions, moving the progress bar makes it work for a few more minutes but often it just continues buffering until shutdown, then restarted. Pretty irritation considering that's the main reason we got this. The Kindle and Netflix both claim to be at the latest versions. It used to work great but I think sometime in July we starting having issues.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 6:33:09 PM PDT
Same problem here.... used to work fine, now it stops freezes and buffers randomly.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 7:17:31 PM PDT
Old Rocker says:
Worked fine for me just today. Do a reset. Make sure you don't have any other apps running.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 7:28:29 AM PDT
Sunny Miami says:
@ The Earl. I have done reset, reload, repeat and everything but dance in front of it nude (which I am afraid would crack the case). After doing so it works for while but then, once again, it freezes. A flaw is a flaw. Someday my fix will come until then I remain truly yours...frustrated.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:24:51 AM PDT
Old Rocker says:
I know its a pain, but try it at a public wifi spot to see if there is any difference in performance.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:26:21 AM PDT
Sunny Miami says:
Valid suggestion. I tried it already. No difference. Good suggestion though.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:28:40 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Maybe dancing nude while at the public wifi spot?
(sorry couldn't resist)

I have stuttering problems on Netflix streaming wireless to my blu-ray player, so it's not just a Fire problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:31:53 AM PDT
Sunny Miami says:
I have not tried it but I am willing give it a crack....(drum roll please)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:36:20 AM PDT
Old Rocker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:37:54 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 11:40:46 AM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
Just to throw in my experience, I had the same situation yesterday...for the first time, I couldn't really watch something on the Netflix app, due to the quality.

I tried the following (in order, testing between most steps):

* restarted the Fire
* force stopped the app
* cleared the storage
* cleared the cache
* uninstalled, then downloaded it again

None of those fixed the problem. I have not tried it on another network, and I have not done a Factory Reset.

It does appear to me that the app's performance has degraded.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 12:52:21 PM PDT
Old Rocker says:
I know its not much of a test, but I just watched one minute of a movie on my Fire and it worked just fine. I'll try a longer test this evening.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 10:53:49 AM PDT
AshleyAlexis says:
I'm having this issue as well. Ive tried everything other people suggested and I'm not sure what the problem is. Ive tried streaming on my phone and wireless laptop and they both worked fine so I'm guessing its an issue with my kindle

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 11:42:32 AM PDT
Steph says:
Same issue here. Used to be select shows. Now it just happens to any show on a daily basis. Very frustrating. Have restarted kindle, cleared cache, cleared netflix cache, uninstalled/installed netflix, tries different networks (although not the problem since all other devices work). I bought netflix primarily for my kindle, so it'd be nice if app was fixed instead of blaming everyones internet connection and speed.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  155
Initial post:  May 17, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions