Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Free Books and Chat- Thurs. Dec. 20,2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 221 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 9:10:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:43:23 PM PST
BubbaK says:
Ho, Ho, Ho and Merry Christmas! Yay! Today is the day we have been waiting for! It's time to check out your Secret Santa e-mails. We all get a chance to do a little gifting to some of the most friendly and caring people in the WORLD. Literally. I'm not sure about some of you but this will be my easiest shopping of the year. And a very special Thank You to Merry for doing all of this for us! Don't forget-No Peeking until the 25th! Make sure to post something today and tomorrow so your Secret Santa can find you.
As crazy as this time of year can be, and reading through the posts the last few days can confirm this. Everybody has been busy cooking, shopping, wrapping and getting ready for the holidays. But take just a minute and try to enjoy our crazy families, friends and all the get togethers. And thank God, or whatever your belief is that we are here with the ones we love. We all have those special people that are missing from our gatherings but know that they are in a wonderful place watching over us. This has been a rough year for some and I hope that the next few days everyone can feel the truly Wonderous Joy of Christmas! I hope for hearts to be bursting like the Grinchs. And if everybody is eating all the goodies they have been posting there will be some bursting bellies too. Tis the season to enjoy!
I was going to attempt to say Merry Christmas in a few different languages but if you read through the following list you will see where I would have some way screwed something up. So wherever you are here is your Merry Christmas!
Afrikaans - een plesierige kerfees
Arabic - I'D MIILAD SAID OUA SANA SAIDA
Argentine - Felices Pasquas Y felices ano Nuevo
Armenian - Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
Azeri - Tezze Iliniz Yahsi Olsun
Basque - Zorionak eta Urte Berri On!
Bohemian - Vesele Vanoce
Brazilian - Boas Festas e Feliz Ano Novo
Breton - Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat
Bulgarian - Tchestita Koleda; Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo
Chinese - (Mandarin) Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan (Catonese) Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun
Cornish - Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth
Cree - Mitho Makosi Kesikansi
Croatian - Sretan Bozic
Czech - Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
Danish - Glædelig Jul
Dutch - Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
English - Merry Christmas
Esperanto - Gajan Kristnaskon
Estonian - Ruumsaid juulup|hi
Farsi - Cristmas-e-shoma mobarak bashad
Finnish - Hyvaa joulua
French - Joyeux Noel
Frisian - Noflike Krystdagen en in protte Lok en Seine yn it Nije Jier!
German - Froehliche Weihnachten
Greek - Kala Christouyenna!
Hawaiian - Mele Kalikimaka
Hebrew - Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova
Hindi - Shub Naya Baras
Hungarian - Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket
Icelandic - Gledileg Jol
Indonesian - Selamat Hari Natal
Iraqi - Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
Irish - Nollaig Shona Dhuit
Italian - Buone Feste Natalizie
Japanese - Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
Korean - Sung Tan Chuk Ha
Latvian - Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu!
Lithuanian - Linksmu Kaledu
Manx - Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa
Maori - Meri Kirihimete
Marathi - Shub Naya Varsh
Navajo - Merry Keshmish
Norwegian - God Jul
Pennsylvania German - En frehlicher Grischtdaag un en hallich Nei Yaahr!
Polish - Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia
Portuguese - Boas Festas
Rapa-Nui - Mata-Ki-Te-Rangi. Te-Pito-O-Te-Henua
Rumanian - Sarbatori vesele
Russian - Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom
Serbian - Hristos se rodi
Slovakian - Sretan Bozic or Vesele vianoce
Sami - Buorrit Juovllat
Samoan - La Maunia Le Kilisimasi Ma Le Tausaga Fou
Scots Gaelic - Nollaig chridheil huibh
Serb-Croatian - Sretam Bozic. Vesela Nova Godina
Singhalese - Subha nath thalak Vewa. Subha Aluth Awrudhak Vewa
Slovak - Vesele Vianoce. A stastlivy Novy Rok
Slovene - Vesele Bozicne. Screcno Novo Leto
Spanish - Feliz Navidad
Swedish - God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt År
Tagalog - Maligayamg Pasko. Masaganang Bagong Taon
Tamil - Nathar Puthu Varuda Valthukkal
Thai - Sawadee Pee Mai
Turkish - Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
Ukrainian - Srozhdestvom Kristovym
Urdu - Naya Saal Mubarak Ho
Vietnamese - Chung Mung Giang Sinh
Welsh - Nadolig Llawen
Yugoslavian - Cestitamo Bozic
Papua New Guinea - Bikpela hamamas blong dispela Krismas na Nupela yia i go long yu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Links to daily free book sources:

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/mn

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS **
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES!

Book Discussion:
Our next book discussion is on January 10, 2013 about the book NOT FREE In Deep Voodoo (Mojo, Louisiana humorous mystery series #1) NOT FREE also found in NOT FREE Love Can Be Murder (boxed set of humorous mysteries) NOT FREE

Lover of Blitzen - Friday, December 21st, Start Time: 12:30am PST
KayKay - Saturday, December 22, start time 12:30-1:30 EST
KayKay - Sunday, December 23, start time 12:30 - 1:30 EST
Twas The Night...Leo.. Monday, Dec. 24 Start Time: 12:30am PST
Elf Keeper - Tuesday, December 25 start time: 6-7:00AM EST probably earlier
Courtney - Wednesday, Dec. 26 Start time around 12am EST
MerryInTexas - Thursday, Dec. 27
Lover of Blitzen - Friday, December 28th, Start Time: 12:30am PST

Open Dates:

Saturday, Dec. 29
Sunday, Dec. 30
Monday, Dec. 31

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. If you have the desire, but not the knowledge, please ask. We are happy to give you the confidence boost and the knowledge to create a start.

The following is a link to yeterdays thread: http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1V8MNBVW6E69F

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:19:30 PM PST
ebook addict says:
BubbaK, Love the start. Reminds me of It's a Small World ride in Disneyworld with all the different languages. Unless someone posted while I was typing I get to be first today.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:22:29 PM PST
BubbaK says:
Thanks ebook- I need to redo the post for yesterdays thread. it is taking us to page 7. Can I say I am a terrible copy and paster. Surely us Kentuckians arent the only ones up at this time! Lol!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:24:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:27:07 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:30:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:36:00 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:34:10 PM PST
ebook addict says:
Boy my Secret Santa was fast. Went to my wish list after finished with yesterday's kinlib to see if I needed to do any cleanup. Clicked on Show Puchased to see if any had gone free that I needed to remove. (Set up Kindle wishlist special for this, so haven't used this feature before. Unlike most of you, I use ereaderIQ to notify me when books I want go free. Since I check late at night, I use the email to pick up the ones I want quick before the prices change.) Anyway, purchased list says there are 4 books gifted, but hides the titles so doesn't spoil the surprise. Nothing in my email yet, so I am going to be good & wait. But now I will be checking email often & the suspense is building. So if SS is a dog person, I have just turned it into a cat event !! And I am a dog person. Shot myself in the foot, haha.

BTW, we are supposed to wait until the 24th or 25th to open & see what book(s), regardless of when the email arrives, correct?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:36:58 PM PST
Lyn says:
Merry is dealing with Diva Dillon. He was overcome with the vapors, but fortunately had his fainting couch nearby and is recovering from his ordeal of helping out.

Santa would love it if people would post in the next couple of days, especially if you have not posted lately, to make it easier for Santa's helpers to find you.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:37:27 PM PST
LKS says:
~BubbaK~Thank you for such an interesting start. So many ways to say Merry Christmas.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:38:43 PM PST
BubbaK says:
Okay all the deleted posts were me trying to get links right. Geez its been a long day. This Bubba is calling it a night.
ebook- I think we are supposed to wait until Christmas to open. Merry wants us to be so tempted, but supposed to show restraint!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:39:06 PM PST
Lyn says:
Great start BubbaK
But you got the English wrong - it's Happy Christmas :)

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:41:35 PM PST
BubbaK says:
Ribbon- Thanks for adding that about needing to post today and tomorrow. I will go back and try to add to opening.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:43:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 2:41:37 AM PST
Janine says:
Bubbak thanks for starting just had a giggle will help with two as they our home language.Afrikaans (een plesierige Kersfees means one pleasured Christmas) we would say "Geseende Kersfees". Portuguese my DH was born there (Boas Festas means seasons greetings not far off on Christmas we would say "Feliz Natal"). Would love to know how many people speak different languages here.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:45:36 PM PST
BubbaK says:
Ribbon- I saw that on a couplr different sites. Some English say Merry and some say Happy. But one site had a couple different different for each country. This was the "less" complicated.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:49:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:49:49 PM PST
BubbaK says:
Jolly Janine- And thats what I was afraid of trying to do it on my own. It would have even been worse. But now all of you all can tell us what we really need to say!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:52:42 PM PST
BubbaK says:
Nite all. See you all later.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:09:08 PM PST
~nospin says:
Night Bubba.
Great start (the little bumps are nothing to think twice about)

Sweet dreams

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:48:30 PM PST
ebook addict says:
Elizabeth SH,
You shouldn't have, I didn't do anything to deserve this. But thank you, thank you for NOT FREE Uncontrollable (The Nature of Grace, Book 2) NOT FREE. Now I have to read 1st in series Untraceable, which got free back in Sep. So won't be starting Uncontrollable until Christmas. SH must really stand for Santa's Helper.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:02:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 11:04:41 PM PST
Elizabeth SH,
You are being entirely too generous to me. Not only are you gifting me but people are gifting me in your honor. I truly feel "gifted". Thank you for NOT FREE NOW The Beekeeper (The First Detective Elizabeth Stratton Mystery) . My prayer for you is that you get back your kindness ten fold.
((((Elizabeth)))))

Edited because I hit post too soon last time. :(

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:43:18 PM PST
4Nbahu says:
Yippee! All of my SS duties are done. Now it is sit back and let the fun begin! Of course my recipient has to wait a few days.... and just so you know...I cheated......I did a search on my recipient from the previous days' links so that I didn't have to wait. I wish you all fun waiting, hunting, searching and gifting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:59:33 PM PST
ebook addict says:
4Nbahu,
I did the same thing, went back several weeks to find my giftee. Search on name kept coming up with their mention in the updated lists.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:51:55 AM PST
Some that I found that looked good......
Daughter of Joy
50 Fitness Tips You Wish You Knew: The Best Quick And Easy Ways To Increase Motivation, Lose Weight, Get In Shape, And Stay Healthy
Inheritance

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:52:09 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
It seems J. R. Rain is having a free week til Christmas... several of his books have been offered this week....he has several more....He is an above average writer that mainly does the paranormal/mystery books. He is great for just some sit back and enjoy reading......

The Lost Ark

Dark Quests

Black Rain: 17 Dark Tales

Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire #1)

Hail Mary (Jim Knighthorse Series #3)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:01:31 AM PST
From my wishlist....
A Lethal Time (A Samantha Jamison Mystery Volume 4)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:35:16 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
I'm playing hooky from everything for the next couple of hours.....maybe the rest of the day. I've already informed hubby he is taking me out of this house today. I am beginning to climb the walls. My restaurant of choice serves some wonderful coastal south Indian items. I will have koliwada shrimp and koliwada pomfret, because we can never choose one or the other. The serve a chick pea appetizer that we could make a full meal of.. I will then have vegetable stew with uppams (thin bowl shaped crispy rice/dal crepe., you put the stew inside and eat the stew with the bowl. by the time you get to the bottom the stew has soaked in and it's even more yummy) we will also have a chicken dish because it's a rule written somewhere.....ANYWAY..that is for later. Decided to click on a bunch of the paranormal writers out there. Thank heavens for "customers also purchased items by" box. May all of you sleeping beauties wake to a beautiful sparkling day. and for those who are up and at it...Hope you are having a frolicking good time.

Just in case you skipped the spiel above...All books below belong to paranormal authors....Have a nice day.

Fire Burn And Cauldron Bubble: The Jolie Wilkins Series, Book 1 (Paranormal Romance)

To Kill A Warlock: The Dulcie O'Neil Series, Book 1 (Paranormal Romance)

Arena One: Slaverunners (PART ONE) (Book #1 of the Survival Trilogy)

Turned (Book #1 in the Vampire Journals)

Resurrected (Part One) (Book #1 of the Vampire Legacy)

Vampire Love Story (#1)

Werewolf Love Story: Part One (Entwined Series #1)

Werewolf Love Story: Part Two (Entwined Series #2)

So much for my free time...Hubby says it's bill paying time....Well at least it will be done before Christmas......

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:01:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 3:05:19 AM PST
Janine says:
Bubbak I think it was quite sweet of you to go to all the trouble to find the translations.
As I will be in the Kruger on the 1st got this book read the first few pages of sample sounds good hope the rest will be.

A Wedding in Africa (The Africa Series)

Lacey Van der Zyl, is keen to escape from her domineering father and Mortimer, the man she's going to marry. Interviewing a wealthy landowner, Tate Maddox, at his beautiful estate near the Kruger National Park is a perfect opportunity to escape her unhappy life. But Tate Maddox is a man with a past of his own to deal with. He's not keen to share his world with Lacey - even if she is the daughter of South Africa's most influential celebrity magazine editor. Even so, if he wants his new luxury tourist lodges to be successful, he knows he has no choice other than to accommodate this unwelcome intrusion into his life. With a handsome man as her host, and Tate's magnificent home at her disposal, Lacey knows she should be happy. But bitter memories from her past, and Tate's dark, brooding presence, cast shadows over the African sun. The secrets that each one carries are so great, so burdensome, that they have formed an invisible wall between them: one that only the truth can ever hope to destroy.

Edit to say my Santa duties are done oh I decided to be a dog and cat person and my name will only be displayed on the third book.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Voyage .. the return of.. wait for it... page turn buttons 68 1 minute ago
FREE Books & Chat - Wed/Thurs Sept 17 & 18, 2014 58 2 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Video Formats 260 2 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 3358 6 minutes ago
Page Numbers vs. Locations = Decision to Buy Kindle or Not 978 12 minutes ago
Nonsense 13! We're the lucky ones. 1563 13 minutes ago
posting to kindle 2 13 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 5779 19 minutes ago
Kindle Paperwhite Screen Flashes 67 39 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  221
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions