Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Manually add Kindle FIles, sync across PC to Windows 8 Surface

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 10:08:41 AM PST
Don says:
I have a set of Kindle books I purchased from Baen Publishing.
I added them to [documents]\My Kindle Content on my PC
I sync my library in the Kindle for PC app
When I goto manage my content online, none of the books appears, therefore I cannot download them to my surface.
What step am I missing?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:10:01 AM PST
Don says:
Yes, whispersync is on

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:11:30 AM PST
Your "Manage Your Kindle" page only shows items purchased from Amazon. Other than that, I really not sure what you are trying to do or what you mean by "download them to my surface"

You can always contact Kindle support by clicking on help at the top of the page and then the contact us button on the next page. I suggest using the phone for quickest response.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:14:02 AM PST
Don says:
Well, I have books sitting on my PC I'd like to move over to my Surface. The Surface Kindle app is a bit primtivie compared to the pC version, and won't recognize the MOBI files sitting on the surface device itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:14:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 10:16:18 AM PST
have you tried emailing the documents to your account (to your @kindle.com address) By doing this, those documents will be kept on the "Manage my Kindle" page under documents.

Edited to add: all the mobi files I email to my @kindle address are converted to azw files.

I have no idea if they can be sent to the Surface though, sorry.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions