Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 159 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2012 12:20:49 PM PST
My kindle is fully charged...every time I turn it off then try to go back to it I have to reboot? What's up with this?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:32:55 PM PST
Hard to say, as you haven't even told us what kind of Kindle it is, not to mention how you turn it off, how you're turning it on, and what happens when you try to turn it on without rebooting.

I will say that whatever kind of Kindl it is you should be putting it to sleep by very briefly clicking the power button, not holding it down, and waking it back up the same way.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:18:31 PM PST
jamie says:
I have a basic kindle and when I try to open a new book to the first page a screen appears "Before you go" Share your ratings. At the bottom of this window there is a window " close this window to return to the book" I press this window and am stuck on this page. What do I need to do to get past this?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:22:45 PM PST
quilt lover says:
I just press menu/go to/cover then home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:23:29 PM PST
Press the Home button to return to the Home page.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:28:08 PM PST
my kindle is not turning on has ben on charge all day but still showing yellow

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:38:37 PM PST
Gift Card says:
my kindle wont charge, the light isn't coming on saying it is charging...................havent used it in about 3 months......................help!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:46:38 PM PST
B. Marks says:
The Kindles use a lithium ion battery and, like all rechargeables, it discharges a little bit even when the device is turned off. Once the battery gets very good and dead it's designed not to take a charge anymore to avoid catching fire or exploding.

Going completely dead also tends to ruin batteries so even if there was a way to get around that it might be ruined anyway.

My suggestion is call Amazon and see if they'll exchange it for you. And, whether they do or not, charge rechargeable devices at least once a month and never, never leave them for a long time when the battery is already low.

This is true of any device with a rechargeable battery, not just a Kindle.

Barry

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:51:59 PM PST
Gift Card says:
I plugged it in againg and the light is orange so it should be charging!!! Yippee..............

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:54:44 PM PST
Gift Card says:
hey Barry yes I know that about the battery, but i just tried again and its charging......a good day? Well thanks so much Ill post if it works or not :)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:02:58 PM PST
My kindle hd is asking me for a shockwave download and i don.t no which one

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:12:26 PM PST
B. Marks says:
I'm glad to hear it. I assumed it was a goner. Always glad to be wrong about that. :)

Barry

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:16:27 PM PST
Videos don't play on youtube

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:17:44 PM PST
can you help barryem

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:27:15 PM PST
I have a light blue line on my kindle fire screen. No idea why!!
Does anyone know what I should do??? Once you have a kindle you can't imagine life without it, haha

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 3:05:35 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
Use the Help button at the top of the screen, then find the "Contact Us" button....

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:13:29 AM PST
Annie M says:
I had one of the original Kindles....one day it wouldn't turn on. It was charged up and should have been "good to go." I figured I had owned it for so long, it had just died. So I ordered another one. One day....two years later, I found the old Kindle...just for kicks I plug it into the power....lo and behold it came ALIVE! I could read on it...except for books that I had already finished...it wouldn't let me reopen them. NOW, my NEW KINDLE won't start up? WTH???? Same thing as the old one....it won't start and the light won't go on when I plug it in...although it was charging when I last saw it "working." This doesn't seem to be a battery issue...what is the issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:35:39 AM PST
quilt lover says:
Have you tried re-booting both kindles? That can solve a lot of problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:38:57 AM PST
No, a lot of them won't. Adobe has pulled support for Flash on Android devices. So YouTube videos in Flash will not work on your Fire. Sorry.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 7:10:00 PM PST
i have a kindle fire, the screen is locked up, wont do anything help

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 5:42:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 5:48:59 PM PST
McFrisch says:
I have a new basic Kindle (the $69 one with special offers). I just went to use it, and the bottom half of the page is frozen in time. It has half of a "Special offer" and the other half is just white... and no matter what I do (home page, reboot, open a book) the bottom half of the page just stays that way. I held the power button down to turn it off and then back on and that did not solve the problem. Battery is fully charged.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 5:25:45 PM PST
My Kindle is charged and the light comes on but nothing on the screen. It was stuck on the same page so I rebooted by holding down the power switch....and I also pressed the +sign on the lower left side...now I can't get anything to come on except the light.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 5:34:12 PM PST
@Claudia: I think that you need to use the large orange Contact Us button to the right to contact Amazon Kindle CS and talk with them about it - use the live chat or the call back feature if you can, not email. If you can't see a Contact Us button on this page, then go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html and contact CS. I advise using Live Chat or the Call Me Back feature and not email, as they will have your account details available to them immediately when you talk with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 6:57:20 PM PST
You need to re-boot. Hold the power button in for a full 30 seconds - time it. Then release it and leave it alone for a few minutes. If that doesn't resolve the problem, it's time to call Kindle Customer Service. They can explain your options, based on how old the Kindle is.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 10:46:44 PM PST
bobby brown says:
i have a basic kindle and only a fraction of the screen actually works(u can fiddle with the buttons and the images on that part of the screen changes)- a bigger fraction of it is frozen on the picture and 'release power button to unlock' page. does anyone have any ideas?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 6 days ago
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
36 6 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
Free Books & Chat - Friday- March 27, 2015 0 1 minute ago
Stuck in USB drive mode! Help! 28 22 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 2761 29 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Thursday March 26, 2015 49 30 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 9753 34 minutes ago
Recommend a Kindle to me please 28 1 hour ago
We're So Quirky, Our Chihuahuas Ride Bicycles! So Geese and Tally Ho! 1609 1 hour ago
March Informal Poll--What are you reading? 295 2 hours ago
returning a book on kindle 45 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  95
Total posts:  159
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions