Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Furby Ap on the Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 73 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2012 11:29:55 AM PDT
lindsayv1977 says:
Im going to get my daughter a Kindle Fire and also a new Furby (they arent released until tomorrow) the furbys run with an ap that can be used on ipad etc. Does anyone know ether or not this will be available on the Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 11:35:42 AM PDT
~nospin says:
Looks like it only works with idevices

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 8:49:23 AM PDT
lindsayv1977 says:
thanks for your help.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 9:45:36 AM PDT
Lillian Bach says:
i think amazon should push for a furby app to help bolster their market share for Midwest

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 9:47:10 AM PDT
Lillian Bach says:
to help with market share for kids

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 9:48:48 AM PDT
Lillian Bach says:
my grandchildren want a tablet and a furby....so do i look into the ipad mini now?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 9:58:05 AM PDT
Sarida says:
I would suggest waiting and see. Apple hasn't made their announcement, yet. Also, if the app is available for the iTouch, that may be a better fit for your grandchildren.

But you may want to wait and see what Black Friday brings.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 10:00:24 AM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
I have the new Furby and use the iPad app. It's hilarious and I love it, but if there is a huge price difference between the Fire HD and the new mini, I don't think that one app is worth buying an iPad for. Having said that, I have not been sorry for a second that I bought my iPad. But then I don't stream vids.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 10:14:50 AM PDT
Lillian Bach says:
the tablet market for kids is going to be huge. amazon has the perfect opportunity to capture a large share of it if the had the right apps and interface. with aall of the prime video content available for children it is a no brainer. jump on this amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 11:43:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012 11:45:16 AM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
It isn't Amazon who makes app decisions, or has much control over them. Individual app developers decide whether their apps will be for iOS, Android, both, or one or the other.

The reason I bought an iPad is because apps are more important to me in a tablet than anything else, and nobody beats iOS for number of sophisticated tablet apps. Many developers stick to iOS and don't bother with Android.

For each purchaser and/or user, it depends on what is most important. If your grandchildren would be watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of books and playing some games, the Fire would be great. If they, their parents and you are interested in learning as well as fun and videos, just IMO an iPad will have a huge number & wide variety of kid-centric apps.

ETA that of course the Fire has games & educational app for children. The iOS just has more variety.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 11:48:16 AM PDT
It is possible that whoever makes Furby has an exclusive agreement with Apple. Don't know, just throwing that out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 12:16:36 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
That thought had crossed my mind too. It's Hasbro I believe.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 3:46:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012 3:47:05 AM PDT
Hi does anyone know if the furby app is available on the iPhone 3GS? Iv tried downloading it & it says I need iOS 4.2.1 does anyone know what this means? Thanks

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:15:55 AM PDT
does the Furbie workwithout app

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:18:53 AM PST
It is coming out in the android market at the end of the year my daughter wants it to!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:16:57 AM PST
hi,is there any updates for furby app for kindle fire hd,got both for daughters xmas,i see you can get it on other android devices,but cant find it for the kindle fire hd,driving me nuts

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:11:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 5:12:12 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:50:03 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
Right now it's on just a couple of phones, Samsung Galaxy Tab & Nexus 7. Only those devices are supported right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 2:04:21 PM PST
f.lasrnqfq says:
Yes the Furby works without app. You would just want the app to translate what your Furby is saying or Feed it and a whole lot more. Your Furby will work without and app

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:30:56 PM PST
gooden says:
Come on amazon I'm backed into a corner with your app store. Gonna switch to something else soon

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 10:02:47 AM PST
K. Shaw says:
The Furby website says: "App currently supported on the following devices: Samsung Galaxy SII, Note, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Kindle Fire HD, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Google Nexus 7.".

I don't see it in the app store and Google Play doesn't recognize the Kindle Fire HD. How do I download it?

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 11:21:12 AM PST
You should be able to side load the app on to a kindle but you would need to find a download link or to obtain it from an android device that can access the play store.

The non hd kindle doesn't have a microphone but some people have suggested you can use a phone headset with microphone.

The hd kindle has a microphone and speakers so would be fine.

BN

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 7:34:40 PM PST
J. Robertson says:
How do you "side load" the app? I cant believe they only have it on Google Play when they say its available for the Kindle Fire HD. Why on earth wouldnt they have it on the amazon app store.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:32:36 PM PST
Wonderful, as usual the solution is to contact Android and request they make one. Dear Android... yeah well if they did consumer research it should be pretty clear they need to do it, took me ten minutes of googling to realize how many people out there that are willing to go look it up and post about it are as annoyed by this as I am. I don't know about all this 'side loading' and such, but I refuse to give in to the iPressure these days. And yes without the app, you (or hopefully a child) can fully enjoy your gremlin, I mean furby. However, yes you would just want the app for translation and "or Feed it and a whole lot more". The features from the app sound like they do allow you to see some much cooler stuff. But I guess what my daughter hasn't seen yet, she shouldn't miss. However, from the advertising, she thinks she IS missing out on it. Thanks again developers for thinking only iFollowers are your target market. Maybe they should be.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:34:56 AM PST
Earbender says:
There is an android app but the Amazon store is blocking it which makes me want to return the stupid Fire. My daughter is really upset that her sister with the IPOD touch can do it and she can't. She doesn't understand and now doesn't like her gift of the Kindle Fire HD. This stinks. Exactly why I should have stuck with Apple.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Personal Documents Features
38 5 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for PC Update 1.10.8
0 27 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
469 1 hour ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update Version 5.4.3
143 1 day ago
Announcement
NEWS: Seeing "Invalid Item" When Using Kindle for Android?
55 7 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Paperwhite serial numbers 5 4 seconds ago
More Than 1 Kindle.? 14 3 minutes ago
April 2014 Informal Poll - What are you reading? 258 13 minutes ago
Amazon Instant Video App for Android? 1209 13 minutes ago
turn off 1 click for kindle books 74 14 minutes ago
FB&C, April 19&20, 2014 - FREE Books & Chat 7 15 minutes ago
ARRAY(0x98c4951c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions