Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

KIndle Cloud Reader Not Working

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2012 10:14:31 PM PST
Eun Joo Oh says:
Hello, I had problems with the Kindle Cloud Reader lately. I bought this book and i added the book to my Kindle Cloud Reader but when i open my Cloud Reader, it continuously says that it is a sample. I also tried to download it to my Kindle on my mac but the book didn't even show on the library. Whats Wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 11:01:03 PM PST
What is the name of the book? Help us to help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 11:19:11 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
We need more information if there is any chance of us helping you. I've used the Cloud reader at least 2 times today, and it worked fine. Can you give us a clue as to what book you are trying to read? And are you certain you purchased it rather than simply sampled it (which when you consider it, would sensibly continuously say it is a sample).

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 11:48:37 AM PST
J. Ray says:
Have been using Cloud Reader on BlackBerry Playbook tablet. After new upgrade to OS 2.0 by BlackBerry none of the books I have just purchased will open. Receive an error stating "Error Opening Content", however any previously purchased books that were open before the OS 2.0 update open fine. Amazon support was not able to help at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 10:38:29 AM PST
Adam says:
I'd like to add to this thread. I had exactly the same experience - after upgrading to Playbook OS 2.0 I could no longer download any newly purchased books. In fact, after logging out of the cloud reader (which clears all previously downloaded titles) I can no longer download any titles at all (including a dozen or so books I have purchased and read on the PlayBook prior to the OS upgrade). Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 10:41:05 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Get rid of the PlayBook.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 10:42:41 AM PST
I know there's a workaround for the new phone OS - the Kindle app works on my Curve 9370 - but I haven't seen anything for the Playbook. Have you checked CrackBerry?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 1:06:25 PM PST
D. J. LEWIS says:
I'm also receiving the same "error opening content" message after upgrading to Playbook 2.0 OS. Cloud Reader was working perfectly prior to this upgrade. Will this issue be resolved shortly? I don't want to attempt the side load kindle app directions noted on other sites discussing this issue.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 1:22:17 PM PST
I am also experiencing the "Error opening content" message on my BlackBerry Playbook when using the Kindle Cloud Reader URL after upgrading to OS 2.0.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 9:45:25 AM PST
I am having the same problem

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 7:49:17 AM PST
I purchased an ebook, Old-Earth Creationism on Trial and I get this error. I am trying to read the book in my browser - Firefox 10.0.2.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012 7:52:50 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Can't help you. I use google chrome.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 2:00:36 PM PST
rich says:
But open books not kindle if they won't support platforms

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 11:46:43 PM PDT
rachel says:
I, too, am having issues opening my purchased Kindle books on my PlayBook. The PlayBook's browser is based on WebKit (just like the Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers). It used to work really well, but doesnt any more. I get the dreaded "error opening up content" message. BTW, Amazon, you promised a PlayBook app last year. I can sideload your Android app on the PlayBook, but why would I support you if you wont support your paying customers. I hate to say it but I guess it's time to switch to Kobo.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 12:43:43 AM PDT
mary says:
im still figuring out how to do this...as my kindle fire is getting overloaded with books... is this somewhere that i can store books on till im ready to read them or just to read on a computer or other divice then my kindle..

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 7:02:00 PM PDT
Same problem with my Playbook - error opening content...

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 8:55:06 AM PDT
Mark Worden says:
Trying to view my Kindle books through Cloud Reader using Firefox..."Error loading content" message like most other people here.

Can't someone fix this? What's going on?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 10:01:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 9, 2012 10:02:38 AM PDT
Same issue. "Error opening content" message for all my books, using the latest version of Firefox on Windows 7. No problem with Chrome.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 10:42:35 AM PDT
I haven't gotten it working with Firefox yet, but I installed Safari and can read it with that browser.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 11:04:27 AM PDT
Not seeing any of my books on my Kindle Fire through the Cloud?????

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 9:04:54 AM PDT
Pink Lady says:
I can't even access the site. I get a blank screen. Is something wrong with the site. It was working fine, even earlier today. I need my cloud reader!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 9:30:55 AM PDT
~nospin says:
Try again.
It is working fine for me.

Posted on May 1, 2012 8:33:11 AM PDT
I had cloud reader on my mac 10.5.8 and it worked fine, now I can't seem to get it and when I tried to download it from internet it tells me my computer is not the OS X version...why did it work before?

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 8:35:20 AM PDT
me too, that's what happens when i click on Cloud Reader

Posted on May 1, 2012 12:27:48 PM PDT
Amy Reilly says:
I am running Firefox 9.0.1. When I try to open my Cloud Reader bookmark, I just get a blank page.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 31, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions