Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Unable to self promote??????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 5:18:03 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 22, 2012 6:12:26 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:19:19 AM PST
reported for violating amazons terms of service, you were already told this in the price drop thread, now ADDED TO THE DO NOT BUY LIST, thank you and have a good day

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:20:10 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Reported. There is a Meet Our Authors forum where you can self promote all you want. Not here as per Amazon's terms of service. I suggest deleting this before Amazon does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:22:46 AM PST
Loz says:
You are only going to get people adding you to their never buy list by promoting here. Read the rules as it says not to promote. http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_f_h_help

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:23:31 AM PST
he was told in the price drop thread

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:25:03 AM PST
By spamming here, after being told self-promotion isn't permitted, the only thing moving fast is your name to Never Buy from This Author lists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:25:33 AM PST
Loz says:
Ahh, even worse. A multiple offender!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:25:38 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Just another book added to my never to buy list. I love the authors that make this easy for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:25:44 AM PST
he is tracking, he knows...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:26:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 5:30:05 AM PST
Holly says:
Corey --

You are really going to set yourself up for a lot of negative comments with this post. People who are involved with a book (financially, author, etc.) are not allowed to promote those books on these customer discussion threads. There are literally thousands of new books coming out and the boards were totally overrun with people doing nothing other than book promotion. It almost killed the treads since readers didn't want to wade through all of that. In response, Amazon created a Meet Our Authors thread for this type of activity and readers can go there to check out this type of information.

Your link to the book in this opening post and the comments you made (which come across as blaming others versus taking ownership for not adhearing to the guildlines) will really rile folks up. Probably best to delete this before it gets ugly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:26:18 AM PST
yuppers
: (
they were even pointed to MOA nicely i might add and still here self promoting

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:27:07 AM PST
wish i could be as well spoken as you are
: )

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:28:01 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I may just have to go and leave a negative review on the book. See how happy that makes him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:30:58 AM PST
Holly says:
Thanks, Snowflaky --- :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:34:04 AM PST
Loz says:
Do it, do it! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:34:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 5:38:57 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Sigh.

< would have thought some understanding on a forum to discuss new releases, not to be reported for posting a link to our first publication. We hope things can move past such a disappointing situation.>

"such a disappointing situation" is when a person does not obey Amazon's rules or even attempt to discover what those rules are. Then, when actually TOLD what the rule is, creates his own !@#$%%^^ thread and violates that rule AGAIN!

BTW - this is NOT "a forum to discuss new releases" and I can't understand why you thought it might be. If you had taken 5 seconds to read just the thread titles on the first page of the thread list, you would have seen NO indication that that was the purpose of this forum.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:40:20 AM PST
: )

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:40:30 AM PST
saraf says:
Methinks you're not very quick on the uptake. You were told in the discount thread self promotion is a no no. You were told in that thread where you can go to promote (the Meet Our Authors forum, in case you got lost on the way over there and ended up here by mistake). You were told in that thread that repeated violations of the no self promotion rule would get you on many people's do not read list. FYI, when your name is on a reader's do not read list, that also means we DO NOT BUY. That noise you hear is a whole lot of us closing our wallets and putting them away.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:11:26 AM PST
Thank You for your input I will Delete and say sorry to everyone. I will re-read all terms and conditions thanks for your comments

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 6:20:32 AM PST
Thanks to everyone,

It looks as though I have done another wrong thing I have removed the title and also this thread. i have also Emailed Amazon to check on everything. Thanks for all the reply. would have been nice for all you to be enjoying what I was trying to promote, but all good.

Thanks again

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:24:32 AM PST
Holly,

Thanks for your comments, I have taken your advice and done this. trying to work all this out even though I had read and though I understood the terms. I guess I was wrong I will now try and put right thank you for explaining your thoughts.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 6:35:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 6:37:23 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Links for more information, Corey

(copied from Romance Forum (Thanks cathyr!) - don't like to duplicate work!)

********* Begin copy
So here are the rules according to AMAZON:

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum.

A) Read the posting policy of what is and is not allowed
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_f_h_help [Note: The last entry in the "what shouldn't I post" section applies to you too]

B) Read Amazon's post (that appeared on all forums earlier this year)[2011] that specifically says they are cracking down on shameless self promotions
http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx20TWTO4E05JYM

C) Visit the Meet Our Authors forum to self promote or learn about other authors books.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

End copy *********

DL

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 6:39:17 AM PST
Thanks Dog Lover,

I will read all the links and abide, I wish to say sorry to everyone and I have taken down book and also the link.

I thank everyone that gave me direction.

Merry Christmas and a safe new year to you all
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions