Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Monday, August 20, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 171 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2012 12:45:35 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2014 10:30:52 PM PST]

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 1:04:16 AM PDT
Good morning, and happy birthday to Zoo Keeper, A_nony_mouse and Book Lover - seems to be a very good day to celebrate!

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 1:10:45 AM PDT
Good morning Northern Lights! How was your weekend?

I didn't realize we had others whose birthday was today also.... Maybe I can do an add on to include them. Thank you for letting me know. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 1:14:53 AM PDT
They are being celebrated over at raok, so no worries:)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 1:21:38 AM PDT
Well, let them know there is cake for them here too!

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 1:57:50 AM PDT
book fan says:
Happy birthday to all of you birthday girls/boys!

A little blonde joke from me too: Why did the blonde put curtains on her computer? Because it said "Microsoft windows".

It's OK if you say "Right, that was funny the first time" :)

Off to get some freebies!

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 2:01:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012 2:04:28 AM PDT
book fan says:
Twisted Plotlines This caught my attention as the description says it's also about NaNoWriMo.

The Revolutionary Youth

ETA: "Twisted plotlines" is actually not available to Belgium right now, I only get the DTB link on Ammy...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 2:02:28 AM PDT
Good morning book fan! Let's hope today brings us a lot of great freebies.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 2:25:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012 2:26:01 AM PDT
Yellow banners for me this morning for books 2 and 3 in the "Never the Bride" series. I read all 3 of these books and really enjoyed them.

Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creation)
Always the Designer, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creation)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 3:45:10 AM PDT
Irish M says:
Happy happy birthday today to Zoo Keeper, A_nony_mouse and Book Lover! Hope you all have a fabulous day! Off to a workshop all day, check back on the chat tonight.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:05:45 AM PDT
ReaderKat says:
Happy birthday...celebrate!
Off to find some freebies (as if I needed more books to read...LOL)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:15:20 AM PDT
~nospin says:
The Sholes Key (An Evans & Blackwell Mystery #1)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:16:20 AM PDT
BubbaK says:
Thanks for start LOB! And Happy Birthday to, Zoo, A_nony_mouse & Book Lover! Hope you all have wonderful days. I really like the quote, God gave the world a gift the day you were born, as today is my oldest sons birthday also. He is turning 32. And as a proud mom would like to say he is a gift. At least to our county where he is a career firefighter/emt and has a few saved lives under his belt. Now off to see the horses. And to call my mom and try to talk her into making the Choc. Texas Sheet Cake for son. It's his favorite.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:33:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012 5:38:09 AM PDT
My finds today

Travelers Rest Jane Morrow has a dilemma. She's engaged to Seth Ballantine, a member of the National Guard's 30th Heavy Brigade Combat Team, and he's returned from Iraq severely wounded. Jane hasn't seen him for nearly a year, and with trepidation, she heads to the VA hospital in Asheville, North Carolina, where he is being treated.Seth isn't happy to see her. He'd asked her not to come. He wants to end the relationship. But Jane loves him, and despite his injury, she's determined to convince him that they can have a life together. Her faith has never been strong, yet she hopes God will answer her prayers and tell her what to do.Beautifully written, Travelers Rest takes readers on a journey through pain and tragedy to a place of hope and redemption.

Other Daughter, The Susanne Carson's well-ordered family life is thrown into devastating chaos when Brianna, a young teen, appears on her doorstep, claiming to be the daughter of Susanne's husband, David. The revelation of David's apparent betrayal adds strain to an already fragile marriage. Will this shocking discovery drive the family apart, or will it draw them closer to God?

Daring Masquerade By the time Ross Calvert discovers Harry Martin is in fact Harriet Martin she has fallen in love with him. Realizing she has failed in her final effort to protect her shell-shocked brother, she puts a desperate proposition to Ross. Marry her and she will give him an heir. Ross accepts. However, he is tormented by the betrayal of his former fiancée Virginia. On his honeymoon he meets her again and is still infatuated. With the army recalling him to the trenches of France, he faces a terrible dilemma. Taste Virginia's passion before he marches off to war, or keep his marriage vows to Harry.

Historically Yours (Johns Creek Second Chances) When recent divorcée Chloe Johns McClain decides to start her life all over again by moving from Iowa to upstate New York to take up her family inheritance, the ancestral home of the Johns family, she is not expecting to walk straight into a feud with a member of the other historic family of the town, Chase Landry. The origins for the emnity between the Johns family and the Landrys is obscure to Chloe, but her arrival sure kicks the glowing embers of rivalry back into a raging fire. And just when it looks like they are slowly reaching an amicable solution, Chloe discovers something in the joint past of the two families that really pours gasoline onto the flames ....

Yellow Banners
Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creation)
Always the Designer, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creation)

ETA spacing

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:41:28 AM PDT
Leo Little says:
...I'm a blonde...lol...
great start I wish my birthday was in Aug. I love barbequed anything add some watermellon and your wonderful pound cake topped with fresh fruit and I'm there ....

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:48:29 AM PDT
Suze says:
Happy Birthday to you,
happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Zoo, A_nony_mouse & Book Lover!
Happy Birthday to you!!! And Many More!

Tell us all about what you're doing to celebrate.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:53:36 AM PDT
Suze says:
Thanks LOB!!

You throw a fabulous party! Was it ever your career? You seem like a natural.

Here's one book that sounded interesting: Desert Gift (Side Roads)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 6:05:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012 6:06:22 AM PDT
Good morning.

Horror
Murder on Tiki Island: A Noir Paranormal Mystery In The Florida Keys (Detective Bill Riggins Mysteries) (very dark, mystery)
The Haunting of Isola Forte di Lorenzo (ghosts, paranormal/supernatural, occult)
Moon-Crossed (occult, historical)

Science Fiction
A World Of Chaos (Worlds Of Chaos)
Immaculate Deception - A Novel
Gods of Earth (future)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 6:05:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012 6:07:36 AM PDT
BB says:
Lost Without Love - A Hollywood Tale of the Future romance

Liberal Limericks of 2012 humor

Love Unfinished romance

Emily's Choice romance

Moniyaw contemporary fiction

Historically Yours (Johns Creek Second Chances) romance

Love COMMITTEE (Angelic Novella) Calamity! romance

Doomsday Diaries romance

thasts all she wrote for me from kinlib 218.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 6:29:12 AM PDT
Happy Birthday Zoo Keeper, A_nony_mouse and Book Lover!!! ***Throws confetti***

Great little jokes, and I am going to steal the recipe for later :)

Thanks for the awesome start!!!

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 6:56:42 AM PDT
B.J. says:
Happy Birthday Zoo Keeper, A_nony_mouse and Book Lover. Bet it was a long, hot summer for our Moms before we were born in August. Can you imagine the relief? lol

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 7:21:45 AM PDT
juleegee!!!! Thank you so much for the book and your kind words. School is definitely not easy, and living in San Antonio is harder than I expected. But I see that light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I wish you would come out and play with us :~) I lurked for so long as well, so I understand. But look around at the great group we have here. So many wonderful people. The thing that really got me out was 1. the people I regularly see, and the new "faces", and 2. I know that really I could just go get the books on my own. Its mostly the "chat". And of course seeing what other people grab helps me choose (either something I wasn't sure about, or maybe hadn't even seen).

Again, thank you! (((((juleegee))))

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 7:32:27 AM PDT
Kids/YA
Into the Flames (Young Underground #3)
RUN FOR IT! (action adventure)

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 7:35:38 AM PDT
Suze says:
OT for a commercial break!

When I spent a week at the beach with my family, both my DIL and sister told me they use WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner 16oz. They said you use this conditioner to clean your hair instead of shampoo and they said it was expensive, but wouldn't tell me how much. I thought it sounded weird, like how could that work?

So, recently I saw this L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner, 8.3 Fluid Ounce in the store and bought it since I had a coupon. It is the same kind of product, much, much cheaper and I love it! If your hair is dry, damaged, color-treated it's like a miracle worker. ( I have since borrowed my sister's Wen and it's just about identical).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 7:37:00 AM PDT
Oh, I can imagine. I heard about it all of the time growing up. She was so glad to finally get me out! Then after I was born I would scream whenever anyone touched my because it was so hot and miserable that summer, and my skin was so sensitive.... Hahahaha
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  171
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions