Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Wifi Connection problem

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 1:51:02 AM PST
I am having trouble connecting to my wifi at home on my kindle paperwhite. It shows my router and a strong signal strength and I have the correct password. I kept trying over and over again. It took an hour before it allowed me to connect. Any suggestions? I turn off wifi when not in use to save battery power.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 1:59:02 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
have you tried restarting your router?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:46:44 AM PST
Mike says:
Once you connect to your router, you should automatically join that connection when you turn your WiFi back on. I too have a PW and turn my WiFi off when I don't need it. But, once I set up my connections here at home and at my sons' homes, whenever I turn on my WiFi in one of these places, the PW automatically connects. Nothing more to do. If yours does not do that, you have a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:50:57 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If you keep having problems you might want to change the channel your router is transmitting on. Some work better than others in certain areas.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:17:57 AM PST
Seriously, many of these problems are due to router problems, and are fixed by unplugging the router for a few minutes then plugging it back in. That should be the first thing anyone does when having problems with a home wifi network.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions